Dozens Sickened After Rocket Attack; 64 Killed in Iraq
Shi’ite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr held a large rally in Baghdad today. He called on Iraq’s prime minister, Haider al-Abadi, to act on his promises to tackle corruption and fix Iraq’s government. Some reports put the number of spectators at over 100,000.
At least 64 were killed, and 41 were either injured or sickened :
Dozens of Peshmerga fighters and civilians were sickened after a rocket attack on Sinjar this week. Kurdish officials are investigating the incident as a chemical weapons attack. At least 29 civilians were sickened or injured, including women and children. Three militants were killed in separate strikes.
Security forces killed 20 militants during operations in Albu Shejil, Garma, and Nazim al-Thar Thar.
Eleven militants were killed during operations in Hamediya.
Security forces killed three militants in Jabriya.
Three militants were killed in Falluja.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Heavy Fighting In Mosul’s Old City; 209 Killed in Iraq – March 28th, 2017
- New Civilian Casualties in Mosul Airstrikes; 127 Killed in Iraq – March 27th, 2017
- Cholera in Mosul; 242 Killed in Iraq – March 26th, 2017
- Pause in Mosul Fight; 37 Killed in Iraq – March 25th, 2017
- Sadrists Hold Rally in Baghdad; 60 Killed in Iraq – March 24th, 2017