Dozens Sickened After Rocket Attack; 64 Killed in Iraq
Shi’ite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr held a large rally in Baghdad today. He called on Iraq’s prime minister, Haider al-Abadi, to act on his promises to tackle corruption and fix Iraq’s government. Some reports put the number of spectators at over 100,000.
At least 64 were killed, and 41 were either injured or sickened :
Dozens of Peshmerga fighters and civilians were sickened after a rocket attack on Sinjar this week. Kurdish officials are investigating the incident as a chemical weapons attack. At least 29 civilians were sickened or injured, including women and children. Three militants were killed in separate strikes.
Security forces killed 20 militants during operations in Albu Shejil, Garma, and Nazim al-Thar Thar.
Eleven militants were killed during operations in Hamediya.
Security forces killed three militants in Jabriya.
Three militants were killed in Falluja.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Blasts in Baghdad; 50 Killed in Iraq – June 30th, 2016
- Airstrikes near Fallujah Kill Hundreds; 285 Killed in Iraq – June 29th, 2016
- Sinjar Mass Graves in Danger of Destruction; 197 Killed Across Iraq – June 28th, 2016
- Suicide Blast at Abu Ghraib Mosque; 166 Killed in Iraq – June 27th, 2016
- Iran Artillery Fire Wounds Civilians; 93 Killed in Iraq – June 26th, 2016