Dozens Sickened After Rocket Attack; 64 Killed in Iraq
Shi’ite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr held a large rally in Baghdad today. He called on Iraq’s prime minister, Haider al-Abadi, to act on his promises to tackle corruption and fix Iraq’s government. Some reports put the number of spectators at over 100,000.
At least 64 were killed, and 41 were either injured or sickened :
Dozens of Peshmerga fighters and civilians were sickened after a rocket attack on Sinjar this week. Kurdish officials are investigating the incident as a chemical weapons attack. At least 29 civilians were sickened or injured, including women and children. Three militants were killed in separate strikes.
Security forces killed 20 militants during operations in Albu Shejil, Garma, and Nazim al-Thar Thar.
Eleven militants were killed during operations in Hamediya.
Security forces killed three militants in Jabriya.
Three militants were killed in Falluja.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Jonah’s Tomb Captured in Mosul; 50 Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Checkpoints in Diyala Province; 184 Killed in Iraq – January 15th, 2017
- ISIS Burns Family to Death, Including Infant; 57 Killed in Iraq – January 14th, 2017
- Symbolic Buildings, Bridge Captured in Mosul; 118 Killed in Iraq – January 13th, 2017
- Mortars Strike Civilians in Mosul; 142 Killed in Iraq – January 12th, 2017