Dozens Sickened After Rocket Attack; 64 Killed in Iraq
Shi’ite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr held a large rally in Baghdad today. He called on Iraq’s prime minister, Haider al-Abadi, to act on his promises to tackle corruption and fix Iraq’s government. Some reports put the number of spectators at over 100,000.
At least 64 were killed, and 41 were either injured or sickened :
Dozens of Peshmerga fighters and civilians were sickened after a rocket attack on Sinjar this week. Kurdish officials are investigating the incident as a chemical weapons attack. At least 29 civilians were sickened or injured, including women and children. Three militants were killed in separate strikes.
Security forces killed 20 militants during operations in Albu Shejil, Garma, and Nazim al-Thar Thar.
Eleven militants were killed during operations in Hamediya.
Security forces killed three militants in Jabriya.
Three militants were killed in Falluja.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mass Execution Filmed; 131 Killed in Iraq – September 28th, 2016
- Bombers Kill, Wound Scores in Baghdad; 83 Killed Across Iraq – September 27th, 2016
- Fighting Ramps up in Anbar province; 112 Killed in Iraq – September 26th, 2016
- Mass Executions in Mosul; 145 Killed in Iraq – September 25th, 2016
- Attack on Security Chiefs near Tikrit; 87 Killed in Iraq – September 24th, 2016