Hundreds of displaced families from the Ramadi region are in desperate need of shelter, according to the head of the Amiriyat al-Falluja council. Sheikh Mahmoud al-Eissawi called on Baghdad to provide thousands of tents.
Violence left 72 dead and 21 wounded:
Two people were killed and seven were wounded in a marketplace blast in Latifiya.
In Baghdad, a civilian was shot and killed.
Gunmen killed a civilian in Mukhisa.
Two Shi’ite militiamen were wounded in a blast in Yusufiya.
Tribal fighters killed 22 militants in Kubeisa.
Ten militants were killed and 12 were wounded in a strike near Riyadh.
Security forces in Shirqat killed seven militants.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 1,000 Bodies Recovered in Mosul; Two Turks Among 15 Killed in Iraq – May 22nd, 2018
- French Training Iraqi Forces near Syrian Border; Five Killed in Iraq – May 21st, 2018
- Eleven ISIS Militants Killed in Iraq – May 20th, 2018
- Bodies of Three Soldiers Found After Missing for Two Years; Two Killed in Iraq – May 19th, 2018
- Turkish Soldier Among 27 Killed in Iraq – May 18th, 2018