Thousands Homeless in Anbar; 72 Killed in Iraq
Hundreds of displaced families from the Ramadi region are in desperate need of shelter, according to the head of the Amiriyat al-Falluja council. Sheikh Mahmoud al-Eissawi called on Baghdad to provide thousands of tents.
Violence left 72 dead and 21 wounded:
Two people were killed and seven were wounded in a marketplace blast in Latifiya.
In Baghdad, a civilian was shot and killed.
Gunmen killed a civilian in Mukhisa.
Two Shi’ite militiamen were wounded in a blast in Yusufiya.
Tribal fighters killed 22 militants in Kubeisa.
Ten militants were killed and 12 were wounded in a strike near Riyadh.
Security forces in Shirqat killed seven militants.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Fleeing Civilians Shot; 116 Killed in Iraq – August 25th, 2016
- Qayara Reported Liberated; 111 Killed in Iraq – August 24th, 2016
- Fighting Continues in Khalidiya; 189 Killed in Iraq – August 23rd, 2016
- 46 Killed in Iraq, Including British Demining Contractor – August 22nd, 2016
- Baghdad, ISIS Carry out Executions; 238 Killed in Iraq – August 21st, 2016