Hundreds of displaced families from the Ramadi region are in desperate need of shelter, according to the head of the Amiriyat al-Falluja council. Sheikh Mahmoud al-Eissawi called on Baghdad to provide thousands of tents.
Violence left 72 dead and 21 wounded:
Two people were killed and seven were wounded in a marketplace blast in Latifiya.
In Baghdad, a civilian was shot and killed.
Gunmen killed a civilian in Mukhisa.
Two Shi’ite militiamen were wounded in a blast in Yusufiya.
Tribal fighters killed 22 militants in Kubeisa.
Ten militants were killed and 12 were wounded in a strike near Riyadh.
Security forces in Shirqat killed seven militants.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- U.S. Soldier Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 20th, 2018
- ISIS Ambushes Shi’ite Militiamen near Kirkuk; 31 Killed in Iraq – February 19th, 2018
- ISIS Widows Sentenced to Death, Prison; Eight Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2018
- Another Mass Grave Found South of Mosul; 116 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2018
- Security Forces Battle ISIS near Mosul; 23 Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2018