Thousands Homeless in Anbar; 72 Killed in Iraq
Hundreds of displaced families from the Ramadi region are in desperate need of shelter, according to the head of the Amiriyat al-Falluja council. Sheikh Mahmoud al-Eissawi called on Baghdad to provide thousands of tents.
Violence left 72 dead and 21 wounded:
Two people were killed and seven were wounded in a marketplace blast in Latifiya.
In Baghdad, a civilian was shot and killed.
Gunmen killed a civilian in Mukhisa.
Two Shi’ite militiamen were wounded in a blast in Yusufiya.
Tribal fighters killed 22 militants in Kubeisa.
Ten militants were killed and 12 were wounded in a strike near Riyadh.
Security forces in Shirqat killed seven militants.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mounting Concerns for Fallujah Residents; 259 Killed in Iraq – May 25th, 2016
- 66 Killed in Iraq; Forces Claim Victory in Garma – May 24th, 2016
- Baghdad Claims Progress in Falluja; 164 Killed Across Iraq – May 23rd, 2016
- Falluja Operation Begins; 219 Killed in Iraq – May 22nd, 2016
- Protest Casualties Higher; 65 Killed, 506 Wounded in Iraq – May 21st, 2016