Hundreds of displaced families from the Ramadi region are in desperate need of shelter, according to the head of the Amiriyat al-Falluja council. Sheikh Mahmoud al-Eissawi called on Baghdad to provide thousands of tents.
Violence left 72 dead and 21 wounded:
Two people were killed and seven were wounded in a marketplace blast in Latifiya.
In Baghdad, a civilian was shot and killed.
Gunmen killed a civilian in Mukhisa.
Two Shi’ite militiamen were wounded in a blast in Yusufiya.
Tribal fighters killed 22 militants in Kubeisa.
Ten militants were killed and 12 were wounded in a strike near Riyadh.
Security forces in Shirqat killed seven militants.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Truck Bombing in Contested Town; 88 Killed in Iraq – November 21st, 2017
- Large Operation Against ISIS in Hawija; 30 Killed in Iraq – November 20th, 2017
- Mass Grave Found in Yazidi Town; 46 Killed in Iraq – November 19th, 2017
- Gunmen Attack Baghdad Checkpoint; 20 Killed in Iraq – November 18th, 2017
- Last Remaining ISIS Town in Iraq Captured; 17 Killed in Iraq – November 17th, 2017