ISIS Kidnap 30 Children; 139 Killed in Iraq
Islamic State militants have been accused of kidnapping 30 children from a primary school in Mosul. The belief is that the children will be trained as soldiers.
M.P. Zaynab Aref al-Basari accused “political mafias” of corruption that has cost Iraq $312 billion over the last 10 years.
The U.S. government will awarded $271.8 million to Sallyport Global Holdings for the expansion of the air force base in Balad. Completion is scheduled for early 2017.
Although the Baiji refinery was recaptured in October, it has yet to be restarted due to extensive looting.
At least 139 were killed and 42 were wounded:
Militants executed 10 people in Sharqat.
Daesh released a video in which they executed five men in Nineveh province.
Airstrikes left 60 militants dead in Zab.
Seventeen militants were killed in strikes on Baghdadi.
Strikes on Tal Afar left 15 militants dead.
Six militants were killed in Sakran, including the wali of Anah.
In Ramadi, security forces killed several militants, including a top finance official.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Militants Execute Civilians in Mosul; 101 Killed Across Iraq – January 19th, 2017
- Operations Wrapping up in Eastern Mosul; 131 Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2017
- Bodies Litter Tigris River in Mosul; 39 Killed in Iraq – January 17th, 2017
- Jonah’s Tomb Captured in Mosul; 50 Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Checkpoints in Diyala Province; 184 Killed in Iraq – January 15th, 2017