ISIS Kidnap 30 Children; 139 Killed in Iraq
Islamic State militants have been accused of kidnapping 30 children from a primary school in Mosul. The belief is that the children will be trained as soldiers.
M.P. Zaynab Aref al-Basari accused “political mafias” of corruption that has cost Iraq $312 billion over the last 10 years.
The U.S. government will awarded $271.8 million to Sallyport Global Holdings for the expansion of the air force base in Balad. Completion is scheduled for early 2017.
Although the Baiji refinery was recaptured in October, it has yet to be restarted due to extensive looting.
At least 139 were killed and 42 were wounded:
Militants executed 10 people in Sharqat.
Daesh released a video in which they executed five men in Nineveh province.
Airstrikes left 60 militants dead in Zab.
Seventeen militants were killed in strikes on Baghdadi.
Strikes on Tal Afar left 15 militants dead.
Six militants were killed in Sakran, including the wali of Anah.
In Ramadi, security forces killed several militants, including a top finance official.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Cholera in Mosul; 242 Killed in Iraq – March 26th, 2017
- Pause in Mosul Fight; 37 Killed in Iraq – March 25th, 2017
- Sadrists Hold Rally in Baghdad; 60 Killed in Iraq – March 24th, 2017
- Mortars Target Civilians in Mosul; 109 Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2017
- New Reports of Chemical Weapons in Mosul; 47 Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2017