Mass Grave Found in Ramadi; 167 Killed Across Iraq
The Czech Republic is donating arms to Iraq and ammunition to Jordan for the fight against the Islamic State militants. Czech Prime Minister Bohuslav Sobotka also hopes to sell Czech L-159 light combat planes to Iraq, but Britain is currently holding up the sale.
Violence left at least 167 dead and 41 wounded:
About 40 bodies were discovered in a mass grave in Ramadi. Civilians and security personnel were in the grave.
In Baghdad, a blast in the Rashid district killed two soldiers and wounded four more. Two people were killed and seven were wounded in a blast in the Euphrates neighborhood. Across Baghdad province, 42 militants were killed.
A vigilante group calling themselves the Sharqat Falcons killed five militants and wounded 10 more in an attack on their checkpoint in Sharqat.
Twenty militants were killed and 12 were wounded in a failed attack in Makhmour.
In Hit, an airstrike left 15 militants dead and eight wounded.
About 10 militants were killed in an airstrike against them in Hawija.
Security forces killed nine militants in the Horan Valley.
A rocket strike on Husayba killed eight militants.
In Ba’Shiqah, Peshmerga forces killed seven militants.
Iraqi warplanes left seven militants dead in Sufiya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Heavy Fighting In Mosul’s Old City; 209 Killed in Iraq – March 28th, 2017
- New Civilian Casualties in Mosul Airstrikes; 127 Killed in Iraq – March 27th, 2017
- Cholera in Mosul; 242 Killed in Iraq – March 26th, 2017
- Pause in Mosul Fight; 37 Killed in Iraq – March 25th, 2017
- Sadrists Hold Rally in Baghdad; 60 Killed in Iraq – March 24th, 2017