Mass Grave Found in Ramadi; 167 Killed Across Iraq
The Czech Republic is donating arms to Iraq and ammunition to Jordan for the fight against the Islamic State militants. Czech Prime Minister Bohuslav Sobotka also hopes to sell Czech L-159 light combat planes to Iraq, but Britain is currently holding up the sale.
Violence left at least 167 dead and 41 wounded:
About 40 bodies were discovered in a mass grave in Ramadi. Civilians and security personnel were in the grave.
In Baghdad, a blast in the Rashid district killed two soldiers and wounded four more. Two people were killed and seven were wounded in a blast in the Euphrates neighborhood. Across Baghdad province, 42 militants were killed.
A vigilante group calling themselves the Sharqat Falcons killed five militants and wounded 10 more in an attack on their checkpoint in Sharqat.
Twenty militants were killed and 12 were wounded in a failed attack in Makhmour.
In Hit, an airstrike left 15 militants dead and eight wounded.
About 10 militants were killed in an airstrike against them in Hawija.
Security forces killed nine militants in the Horan Valley.
A rocket strike on Husayba killed eight militants.
In Ba’Shiqah, Peshmerga forces killed seven militants.
Iraqi warplanes left seven militants dead in Sufiya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Wedding Blast Horror; 93 Killed in Iraq – August 29th, 2016
- ISIS Execute Their Own for Desertion; 57 Killed in Iraq – August 28th, 2016
- Executions in Hawija; 175 Killed in Iraq – August 27th, 2016
- Suicide bombers Attack Refugee Camp; 96 Killed in Iraq – August 26th, 2016
- Fleeing Civilians Shot; 116 Killed in Iraq – August 25th, 2016