The Czech Republic is donating arms to Iraq and ammunition to Jordan for the fight against the Islamic State militants. Czech Prime Minister Bohuslav Sobotka also hopes to sell Czech L-159 light combat planes to Iraq, but Britain is currently holding up the sale.
Violence left at least 167 dead and 41 wounded:
About 40 bodies were discovered in a mass grave in Ramadi. Civilians and security personnel were in the grave.
In Baghdad, a blast in the Rashid district killed two soldiers and wounded four more. Two people were killed and seven were wounded in a blast in the Euphrates neighborhood. Across Baghdad province, 42 militants were killed.
A vigilante group calling themselves the Sharqat Falcons killed five militants and wounded 10 more in an attack on their checkpoint in Sharqat.
Twenty militants were killed and 12 were wounded in a failed attack in Makhmour.
In Hit, an airstrike left 15 militants dead and eight wounded.
About 10 militants were killed in an airstrike against them in Hawija.
Security forces killed nine militants in the Horan Valley.
A rocket strike on Husayba killed eight militants.
In Ba’Shiqah, Peshmerga forces killed seven militants.
Iraqi warplanes left seven militants dead in Sufiya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Ambushes Shi’ite Militiamen near Kirkuk; 31 Killed in Iraq – February 19th, 2018
- ISIS Widows Sentenced to Death, Prison; Eight Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2018
- Another Mass Grave Found South of Mosul; 116 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2018
- Security Forces Battle ISIS near Mosul; 23 Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2018
- Airstrikes Target ISIS near Mosul; 15 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2018