Kurdish Prime Minister Nechirvan Barzani removed four cabinet members who belong to the opposition political group Gorran. The Kurdistan Democratic Party blames Gorran for recent political hostility across Iraqi Kurdistan. Barzani who is the KDP vice president claims the removals will help stop the violence that has already left several people dead or wounded.
At least 86 were killed and 68 were wounded in fresh violence:
Airstrikes in the villages of Theilah and Jam’iya, near Ramadi, killed four civilians and wounded 25 more.
A suicide bomber attacked a convoy in Mudheij, killing nine security members and wounding eight more.
Clashes in Garma left four security members dead and seven wounded.
One person was killed and three were wounded when a bomb exploded in Mahmoudiya.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed one person and wounded four more.
A woman was wounded in Haswa when a grenade was thrown at her home.
Peshmerga forces killed 30 militants in Gwer.
Seventeen militants were killed in Mosul.
Ten militants were killed in the Thar Thar region.
An airstrike in Jaffa killed five militants and wounded seven more.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019
- Two militiamen Among 11 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2019
- ISIS Executes Another Truffle Hunter; Two People Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2019