Prime Minister John Key of New Zealand visited troops at their Camp Taji base.
Turkey shelled an area of northern Iraq. No one was harmed, but farmers reported damage to their groves.
At least 49 were killed and four were wounded:
Six contractors were executed in Mosul.
In Kirkuk province, a Peshmerga member died during an attack.
In Hawija, 27 militants were executed for desertion.
Four militants were killed in Baiji.
Two militants were killed during an operation in Sejar.
Dozens of militants were killed in Ramadi.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mass Grave Filled with Policemen; 30 Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2018
- Attacks Shift to Diyala Province; 11 Killed in Iraq – January 17th, 2018
- Mass Grave at Badush Prison; 66 Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2018
- Bloody Day in Baghdad; 53 Killed in Iraq – January 15th, 2018
- PKK Launch Rocket at Turkey; Six Killed in Iraq – January 14th, 2018