Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi fired 123 deputy ministers and general managers on Wednesday. Senior officials will be forcibly retired, while others will have their status adjusted. The duties of the dismissed men will be transferred to their subordinates. Salary adjustments will also be implemented.
At least 139 were killed and 16 were wounded:
Three militiamen were killed and three more were wounded during clashes in Sherwin.
Two people were executed in Hit.
An unknown number of militants were killed during an air strike and on a stadium in Ramadi. Video of the strike showed that a secondary explosion occurred after the strike, suggesting that a massive amount of explosives was detonated.
In Baghdad’s northwest suburbs, 35 militants were killed.
A missile strike in Falluja killed 23 militants.
Nine militants were killed in Sinjar.
Six militants were killed in Daquq.
An airstrike on Albu Hayat left a wali and two aides dead.
Two snipers and a suicide bomber were killed in Saqlawiya.
In Tikrit, two militants were killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018
- Oil Field Protests Escalate; 13 Killed in Iraq – July 12th, 2018
- Large ISIS Convoy Crosses over from Syria; 27 Killed in Iraq – July 11th, 2018