Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi fired 123 deputy ministers and general managers on Wednesday. Senior officials will be forcibly retired, while others will have their status adjusted. The duties of the dismissed men will be transferred to their subordinates. Salary adjustments will also be implemented.
At least 139 were killed and 16 were wounded:
Three militiamen were killed and three more were wounded during clashes in Sherwin.
Two people were executed in Hit.
An unknown number of militants were killed during an air strike and on a stadium in Ramadi. Video of the strike showed that a secondary explosion occurred after the strike, suggesting that a massive amount of explosives was detonated.
In Baghdad’s northwest suburbs, 35 militants were killed.
A missile strike in Falluja killed 23 militants.
Nine militants were killed in Sinjar.
Six militants were killed in Daquq.
An airstrike on Albu Hayat left a wali and two aides dead.
Two snipers and a suicide bomber were killed in Saqlawiya.
In Tikrit, two militants were killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Old ISIS Explosives Wound Children; 17 Killed in Iraq – January 19th, 2018
- Mass Grave Filled with Policemen; 30 Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2018
- Attacks Shift to Diyala Province; 11 Killed in Iraq – January 17th, 2018
- Mass Grave at Badush Prison; 66 Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2018
- Bloody Day in Baghdad; 53 Killed in Iraq – January 15th, 2018