Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi fired 123 deputy ministers and general managers on Wednesday. Senior officials will be forcibly retired, while others will have their status adjusted. The duties of the dismissed men will be transferred to their subordinates. Salary adjustments will also be implemented.
At least 139 were killed and 16 were wounded:
Three militiamen were killed and three more were wounded during clashes in Sherwin.
Two people were executed in Hit.
An unknown number of militants were killed during an air strike and on a stadium in Ramadi. Video of the strike showed that a secondary explosion occurred after the strike, suggesting that a massive amount of explosives was detonated.
In Baghdad’s northwest suburbs, 35 militants were killed.
A missile strike in Falluja killed 23 militants.
Nine militants were killed in Sinjar.
Six militants were killed in Daquq.
An airstrike on Albu Hayat left a wali and two aides dead.
Two snipers and a suicide bomber were killed in Saqlawiya.
In Tikrit, two militants were killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraqi Forces Kill 40 Militants in and Near Syria; 20 Found in Mass Grave in Mosul – April 22nd, 2018
- 60 Militants Found in Mosul Grave; 20 Killed in Iraq – April 21st, 2018
- New Zealand Sends Fresh Troops; Five Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2018
- Baghdad Drops Bombs on ISIS in Syria; Five Killed in Iraq – April 19th, 2018
- Mosul Courts Sentence Hundreds of Militants to Death; 13 Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2018