Thousands across Iraq demonstrated in support of the new reform plan. The crowds also demanded the restoration of services such as power and water. Meanwhile, Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani called on the government to work on revamping the justice system, which has been a major source of corruption and other issues.
Violence left at least 99 dead and 10 wounded:
A roadside bomb near Baaj killed 17 Afghan militants.
Twelve militants were killed during strikes on Qayara.
Airstrikes left 12 militants dead in Khalidiya.
In Husayba, 10 militants were killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraqi Troops Still Chasing ISIS; 39 Killed in Iraq – December 17th, 2017
- More Yazidi Victims Found in Mass Graves; 97 Killed in Iraq – December 16th, 2017
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017