Thousands across Iraq demonstrated in support of the new reform plan. The crowds also demanded the restoration of services such as power and water. Meanwhile, Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani called on the government to work on revamping the justice system, which has been a major source of corruption and other issues.
Violence left at least 99 dead and 10 wounded:
A roadside bomb near Baaj killed 17 Afghan militants.
Twelve militants were killed during strikes on Qayara.
Airstrikes left 12 militants dead in Khalidiya.
In Husayba, 10 militants were killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018