Thousands across Iraq demonstrated in support of the new reform plan. The crowds also demanded the restoration of services such as power and water. Meanwhile, Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani called on the government to work on revamping the justice system, which has been a major source of corruption and other issues.
Violence left at least 99 dead and 10 wounded:
A roadside bomb near Baaj killed 17 Afghan militants.
Twelve militants were killed during strikes on Qayara.
Airstrikes left 12 militants dead in Khalidiya.
In Husayba, 10 militants were killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bombers Blow Themselves up; Four Killed in Iraq – March 24th, 2019
- Truffle Gatherers Under Attack; Three Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2019
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019