Thousands across Iraq demonstrated in support of the new reform plan. The crowds also demanded the restoration of services such as power and water. Meanwhile, Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani called on the government to work on revamping the justice system, which has been a major source of corruption and other issues.
Violence left at least 99 dead and 10 wounded:
A roadside bomb near Baaj killed 17 Afghan militants.
Twelve militants were killed during strikes on Qayara.
Airstrikes left 12 militants dead in Khalidiya.
In Husayba, 10 militants were killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Airstrikes Leave Kurdish Fatalities; 14 Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2018
- India Abductees Found Dead Near Mosul; 72 Killed in Iraq – March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018