On Friday, NATO members agreed on a plan to aid Iraq’s military. It is expected the aid will also help alleviate tensions in the border area with Turkey, which has had to contend with increasing activity from both ISIS/DAASH militants and P.K.K. guerillas in recent weeks.
Turkey claims that its airstrikes have killed 190 Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) members and wounded over 300 more.
A large protest took place in Baghdad. The demonstrators were complaining about years of government corruption and the failing power grid. It has been so hot recently, that the government has declared several holidays to keep Iraqis at home.
At least 154 were killed and four were wounded, including displaced children who died of exposure.
Security forces killed 33 militants in Ramadi.
Sixteen militants were killed in Ana.
Nine militants were killed in an airstrike on Qayara.
Many militants were killed during operation in the Khalidiya area.
A military operation was launched in Hawija.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bombers Blow Themselves up; Four Killed in Iraq – March 24th, 2019
- Truffle Gatherers Under Attack; Three Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2019
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019