On Friday, NATO members agreed on a plan to aid Iraq’s military. It is expected the aid will also help alleviate tensions in the border area with Turkey, which has had to contend with increasing activity from both ISIS/DAASH militants and P.K.K. guerillas in recent weeks.
Turkey claims that its airstrikes have killed 190 Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) members and wounded over 300 more.
A large protest took place in Baghdad. The demonstrators were complaining about years of government corruption and the failing power grid. It has been so hot recently, that the government has declared several holidays to keep Iraqis at home.
At least 154 were killed and four were wounded, including displaced children who died of exposure.
Security forces killed 33 militants in Ramadi.
Sixteen militants were killed in Ana.
Nine militants were killed in an airstrike on Qayara.
Many militants were killed during operation in the Khalidiya area.
A military operation was launched in Hawija.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraqi Troops Still Chasing ISIS; 39 Killed in Iraq – December 17th, 2017
- More Yazidi Victims Found in Mass Graves; 97 Killed in Iraq – December 16th, 2017
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017