At least 406 were killed and 22 were wounded as intensified fighting continued in Anbar province.
Security forces launched a major operation in the Falluja area on Thursday and declared yesterday’s operation near Ramadi (Sijariya) successful. Fighting was reported in the Hamidiya area as well. It is also near Ramadi.
However, militants killed 300 people, civilians and security personnel, in Qaim in retaliation for the operation. The victims belonged to several tribes, including the al-Karableh, Albu Ubaid, Albu Mahal and Albu Salman tribes. Reports of numerous kidnappings also followed Wednesday’s operation. In Sijariya, six soldiers were killed and 15 were wounded.
In Mosul, 10 doctors were executed for refusing to treat militants. Eleven civilians were killed and four were wounded during intense bombing by Coalition forces. Airstrikes killed two militant leaders.
Militants released a picture of them beheading a man in Tikrit on charges of sorcery.
A mortar attack on Khalidiya and Habaniya left two dead and three wounded.
Thirty-one Yazidis, mostly children, escaped their militant captors near Sinjar.
Thirteen militants were killed during airstrikes in Ramadi.
Peshmerga forces killed 10 militants near Tal Aswad.
In the Hamrin Mountains, six militant leaders were killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018
- Mass Grave Found Near Kirkuk; 29 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2018
- Militiaman Shoots P.M.’s Security Officer; 32 Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2018
- Scattered ISIS Attacks near Kirkuk; 54 Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2018