Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi has ordered the arrests of anyone committing crimes in Tikrit. Looting and mayhem followed the declaration of the liberation of Tikrit on Wednesday, if not earlier. Rogue security members and Shi’ite militiamen are accused of committing the abuses. The looting has not stopped.
At least 23 were killed and one more were wounded.
Militants killed an imam in Hammam al-Alil.
In Abu Ghraib, gunmen killed a civilian.
In Zangora, 11 militants were killed.
Four militants were killed in Garma.
Security forces killed three militants in Baghdad.
A sniper was killed in Ramadi.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Children Among Casualties in Basra; Nine Killed in Iraq – December 16th, 2018
- Turkey Continues Unapproved Airstrikes; 24 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2018
- Civilians Bombed in Turkish Strikes; 26 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2018
- Turkey Bombs PKK Sites; Three Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2018
- Militants Attack Federal Police Unit; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 11th, 2018