Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi has ordered the arrests of anyone committing crimes in Tikrit. Looting and mayhem followed the declaration of the liberation of Tikrit on Wednesday, if not earlier. Rogue security members and Shi’ite militiamen are accused of committing the abuses. The looting has not stopped.
At least 23 were killed and one more were wounded.
Militants killed an imam in Hammam al-Alil.
In Abu Ghraib, gunmen killed a civilian.
In Zangora, 11 militants were killed.
Four militants were killed in Garma.
Security forces killed three militants in Baghdad.
A sniper was killed in Ramadi.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraqi Forces Kill 40 Militants in and Near Syria; 20 Found in Mass Grave in Mosul – April 22nd, 2018
- 60 Militants Found in Mosul Grave; 20 Killed in Iraq – April 21st, 2018
- New Zealand Sends Fresh Troops; Five Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2018
- Baghdad Drops Bombs on ISIS in Syria; Five Killed in Iraq – April 19th, 2018
- Mosul Courts Sentence Hundreds of Militants to Death; 13 Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2018