Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi has ordered the arrests of anyone committing crimes in Tikrit. Looting and mayhem followed the declaration of the liberation of Tikrit on Wednesday, if not earlier. Rogue security members and Shi’ite militiamen are accused of committing the abuses. The looting has not stopped.
At least 23 were killed and one more were wounded.
Militants killed an imam in Hammam al-Alil.
In Abu Ghraib, gunmen killed a civilian.
In Zangora, 11 militants were killed.
Four militants were killed in Garma.
Security forces killed three militants in Baghdad.
A sniper was killed in Ramadi.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Bombers Return to Sadr City; Five Killed in Iraq – August 14th, 2018
- Child Injured in Checkpoint Attack; Six Killed in Iraq – August 13th, 2018
- Fresh ISIS Clashes and Attacks; 42 Killed in Iraq – August 12th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Tribal Fighters near Baiji; 12 Killed in Iraq – August 11th, 2018
- Double Bombing Targets First Responders; Seven Killed in Iraq – August 10th, 2018