Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi has ordered the arrests of anyone committing crimes in Tikrit. Looting and mayhem followed the declaration of the liberation of Tikrit on Wednesday, if not earlier. Rogue security members and Shi’ite militiamen are accused of committing the abuses. The looting has not stopped.
At least 23 were killed and one more were wounded.
Militants killed an imam in Hammam al-Alil.
In Abu Ghraib, gunmen killed a civilian.
In Zangora, 11 militants were killed.
Four militants were killed in Garma.
Security forces killed three militants in Baghdad.
A sniper was killed in Ramadi.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017