Hundreds of Militants Reported Killed Across Iraq
Well over 500 militant deaths were reported today. The figures were released by government agencies and not independently confirmed. Overall, at least 585 people were killed and 77 were wounded across Iraq, assuming those figures are accurate.
Baghdad Operations Command reported that 434 militants were killed and 56 more were wounded during operations in Baghdad, Anbar and Salah ad Din provinces last week. An official from Tigris Operations Command said that 60 militant graves were found near Sayed Abbas village.
Two roadside bombs in Baiji killed six security members and wounded four more.
Two policemen were killed and two more were wounded in Sherwin when explosives in a booby-trapped house were detonated.
Twenty militants were killed in battles in the Hamrin Mountains.
In Shirqat, 13 militants were killed.
An airstrike killed 13 militants in Thraa Dijla.
The bodies of 10 militants were found in Muqdadiya.
In Albu-Elwan, seven militants were killed.
Four militants were killed in Mansouriya.
Security forces killed two suicide bombers in Baquba.
A militant was killed in al-Shurtan.
A roadside bomb targeting militants in Qayara wounded five of them.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Ten Doctors Among 109 Killed Across Iraq – January 27th, 2015
- 215 Killed in Iraq, Including Civilians Executed by Shi’ite Militiamen – January 26th, 2015
- Military Operations, Attacks Across Iraq Leave 692 Killed – January 25th, 2015
- Bombers Return to Baghdad; 134 Killed across Iraq – January 24th, 2015
- 82 Killed in Iraq; Peshmerga Shell Central Mosul – January 23rd, 2015