As Diplomats Discuss Iraq, 86 Are Killed across Country
Diplomats from 30 countries met in Paris today to discuss the Islamic State situation in Iraq. The Kurdish Peshmerga Ministry held its own meeting with representatives from seven countries. Attacks and battles left at least 86 dead and 22 wounded.
In Baghdad, the number of crimes and kidnappings has risen as security forces turn their attention to the militants. The Shi’ite militias that have replaced them in the city often contribute to the problem instead of alleviating it. Many gangs are thought linked to the Islamic State itself.
A civilian was shot dead in Yusufiya.
U.S. airstrikes moved closer to Baghdad. A militant location southwest of the capital was bombed.
Sixteen militants were killed, including several leaders, during operations in the Hamrin Basin over the last 10 days.
Airstrikes in Tal Afar left 10 militants dead.
Airstrikes killed eight militants in al-Sger.
Two militants were shot dead at one of their checkpoints near Jalula.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Falluja Hospital Bombed Again As 42 Killed Across Iraq – September 14th, 2014
- Iraq PM Promises No More Airstrikes on Civilians; 63 Killed, 22 Wounded – September 13th, 2014
- 28 Killed, 56 Wounded in Bombings and Airstrikes Across Iraq – September 12th, 2014
- Bombers Strike in Baghdad and Southern Iraq: 124 Killed, 81 Wounded – September 11th, 2014
- Baghdad Bombs, Yazidi Mass Graves Add to 228 Killed Across Iraq – September 10th, 2014