Diplomats from 30 countries met in Paris today to discuss the Islamic State situation in Iraq. The Kurdish Peshmerga Ministry held its own meeting with representatives from seven countries. Attacks and battles left at least 86 dead and 22 wounded.
In Baghdad, the number of crimes and kidnappings has risen as security forces turn their attention to the militants. The Shi’ite militias that have replaced them in the city often contribute to the problem instead of alleviating it. Many gangs are thought linked to the Islamic State itself.
A civilian was shot dead in Yusufiya.
U.S. airstrikes moved closer to Baghdad. A militant location southwest of the capital was bombed.
Sixteen militants were killed, including several leaders, during operations in the Hamrin Basin over the last 10 days.
Airstrikes in Tal Afar left 10 militants dead.
Airstrikes killed eight militants in al-Sger.
Two militants were shot dead at one of their checkpoints near Jalula.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019
- Roadside Bomb Targets Soldiers; 23 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2019
- Militia Attacks Police in Mosul; Eight Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2019
- Security Personnel Clash with ISIS; Seven Killed in Iraq – April 12th, 2019
- Large-scale anti-ISIS operation; 18 Killed in Iraq – April 11th, 2019