In rare good news, the Islamic State militants freed almost half of the people they kidnapped yesterday. The number of casualties was relatively low today, but at least 52 were killed. Another 38 were wounded.
Eleven more bodies were found in Suleiman Bek, just a day after 24 were found. They were buried in groups of about six each.
Three soldiers were killed and nine more were wounded in a roadside blast at Camp Speicher.
Nine truck drivers were kidnapped near the Trebil border crossing.
Tribal fighters killed seven militants in Haditha.
Peshmerga forces in Bashik killed six militants.
In Ramadi, tribal fighters and soldiers killed six militants.
Three militants were killed near Gwar.
Airstrikes were conducted in al-Sger and Garma.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Truffle Gatherers Under Attack; Three Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2019
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019