Bombers, Clashes Leave 105 Dead, 127 Hurt Across Iraq
At least 105 people were killed and 127 more were wounded today when bombers struck deep into the Shi’ite south again. Baghdad also suffered from multiple bombing attacks. The now usual violence also occurred in Anbar and in the north.
A battle in al-Jazira left nine militants dead and seven more wounded.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed two people and wounded nine more in the Shabb neighborhood. Three people were killed and 13 more were wounded when a suicide bomber struck a commercial area in Karrada. A roadside bomb in Shoala wounded five people.
A bomb in Sadr City killed five people and wounded 14 more.
A clash at a Shirqat checkpoint left one soldier and five gunmen dead.
A bomb in Qadisiya killed a teacher and wounded four civilians.
A roadside bomb in Meshahda killed one soldier and wounded three more.
Gunmen killed one civilian and wounded two more in Latifiya.
A Sahwa member was shot dead in Baquba.
Gunmen in Hamrin killed a taxi driver.
A civilian was gunned down in Basra.
A dumped body was found in the Tigris River near Baiji.
A roadside bomb wounded three farmers in Udhaim.
Near Kirkuk, gunmen wounded a Kurdish Asayesh agent.
An I.E.D. wounded two farmers in Dujail.
Six militants were killed during a clash on a highway linking Amiriyat al-Fallujah with Jurf al-Sakhar. A Saudi national who was also a militant leader was among them. This is a border area between Babel and Anbar provinces.
Nine militants were killed in Dwalibah.
In Mosul, a suicide bomber killed one soldier and wounded two more. Gunmen killed a soldier and wounded another at a checkpoint.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 178 Killed, 95 Wounded in Numerous Attacks, Clashes Across Iraq – September 17th, 2014
- Shi’ite Militias Reject PM Ministry Picks; 67 Killed Across Iraq – September 16th, 2014
- As Diplomats Discuss Iraq, 86 Are Killed across Country – September 15th, 2014
- Falluja Hospital Bombed Again As 42 Killed Across Iraq – September 14th, 2014
- Iraq PM Promises No More Airstrikes on Civilians; 63 Killed, 22 Wounded – September 13th, 2014