About 71 people were killed and 48 more were wounded today. Anbar province had the most deaths.
Clashes in Garma left three Sahwa members dead, while one gunman was also killed and another was wounded.
At least 14 more militants were killed and three more were wounded in scattered fighting.
Mortars and fighting killed two people and wounded 17 more at a base in Mussayab.
Two Sahwa members were shot dead in Tikrit.
In Rashad, a bomb killed a soldier and wounded two more.
A bomb wounded three soldiers in Balad.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Random Attacks Rattle North; 23 Killed in Iraq – October 21st, 2018
- Nine Militants Killed During Security Operations in Iraq – October 20th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018