At least 51 people were killed and 78 more were wounded in attacks and clashes across Iraq. Once again, the greater Baghdad area was the scene of multiple bombings, while Anbar province continued to suffer clashes between militants and security forces.
Four soldiers were ambushed and killed in Ramadi. Security forces killed a man responsible for recruiting suicide bombers; his bodyguard was killed and another colleague was wounded.
Gunmen wounded two border guards near the al-Walid border post.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed two people and wounded 10 more in Jisr Diyala. A roadside bomb targeting a minibus in Zaafaraniya killed one person and wounded seven more. Three people were killed and five more were wounded when a car bomb exploded in Ghazaliya. In Shabb, a bomb killed one person and wounded three more.
A bombing in nearby Mahmoudiya killed one person and wounded five more.
Four people were killed and 13 more were wounded by a blast in Karbala.
A pair of blasts in Hilla left three dead and 13 wounded.
In Wassit province, a bomb killed one person and wounded four others.
A bomb planted on a car in Wajihiya killed a local councilman.
A pair of bombs wounded six people in Taj al-Din.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 45 Killed in Iraq as Troops Gather Around Tal Afar – August 18th, 2017
- Donkey Bomb Kills Militants; 50 Killed in Iraq – August 17th, 2017
- Several ISIS Attacks Against Security Personnel; 66 Killed in Iraq – August 16th, 2017
- Airstrikes Push Refugees out of Tal Afar; 66 Killed in Iraq – August 15th, 2017
- New Camp Speicher Mass Grave Found; 31 Killed in Iraq – August 14th, 2017