At least 25 people were killed and 28 more were wounded in attacks that focused on security forces.
Five soldiers were killed and four more were wounded in a double bombing at a Baiji refinery.
Gunmen killed four Sahwa members and wounded two more at a Samarra checkpoint.
Three Sahwa elements were shot dead in Balad.
Gunmen killed a civilian in Jurf al-Sakhar.
Five policemen were wounded in a pair of blasts in Suwayra.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Several ISIS Attacks Against Security Personnel; 66 Killed in Iraq – August 16th, 2017
- Airstrikes Push Refugees out of Tal Afar; 66 Killed in Iraq – August 15th, 2017
- New Camp Speicher Mass Grave Found; 31 Killed in Iraq – August 14th, 2017
- Two US Service Members Among 59 Killed in Iraq – August 13th, 2017
- Explosion Kills Caliphate Cubs; 75 Killed Across Iraq – August 12th, 2017