Iraq Security Forces Focus of Attacks That Leave 25 Dead
Monday: 25 Killed, 28 Wounded
At least 25 people were killed and 28 more were wounded in attacks that focused on security forces.
Five soldiers were killed and four more were wounded in a double bombing at a Baiji refinery.
Gunmen killed four Sahwa members and wounded two more at a Samarra checkpoint.
Three Sahwa elements were shot dead in Balad.
Gunmen killed a civilian in Jurf al-Sakhar.
Five policemen were wounded in a pair of blasts in Suwayra.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 266 Killed Across Iraq As Militants Storm Mosul University – August 1st, 2014
- Almost 5,700 Killed Across Iraq in July – July 31st, 2014
- Saddam’s Body Moved Over ISIS Fears; 149 Killed, 104 Across Iraq – July 30th, 2014
- Hundreds Butchered by ISIS, Over A Hundred More Killed By Iraq Gov’t – July 29th, 2014
- 274 Killed Across Iraq As Mosul Residents Defy ISIS – July 28th, 2014