Iraq Security Forces Focus of Attacks That Leave 25 Dead
Monday: 25 Killed, 28 Wounded
At least 25 people were killed and 28 more were wounded in attacks that focused on security forces.
Five soldiers were killed and four more were wounded in a double bombing at a Baiji refinery.
Gunmen killed four Sahwa members and wounded two more at a Samarra checkpoint.
Three Sahwa elements were shot dead in Balad.
Gunmen killed a civilian in Jurf al-Sakhar.
Five policemen were wounded in a pair of blasts in Suwayra.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Over 6,000 Killed during March in Iraq; 94 More Killed on Wednesday – April 1st, 2015
- 252 Killed in Iraq, Including Iranian Pilgrims – March 31st, 2015
- Shi’ite Militias Say Airstrikes Ending; 103 Killed in Iraq – March 30th, 2015
- Iraq Forces Struggle in Tikrit; 164 Killed in Battles – March 29th, 2015
- 66 Killed across Iraq as U.S. Carpetbombs Tikrit – March 28th, 2015