At least 13 people were killed and 19 more were wounded in current violence. Also, the remains of 80 Kurds killed during the 1980s in the Anfal campaign were discovered in a mass grave near Kirkuk.
In Mosul, a policeman was killed when a dumped body that was booby-trapped blew up. A bomb wounded four people, including two civilians. Soldiers accidentally killed a woman. A bomb wounded a civilian.
Three policemen were killed and five more were wounded when four bombs exploded in Tikrit.
Two people were killed and five more were wounded in a suicide attack in Taji.
Gunmen killed a local mayor in Baquba.
In Mussayab, a sticky bomb killed a local official from the Dawa party.
A finance ministry official was gunned down in Tuz Khormato.
A security force conducting raids in Nasariya caused a traffic accident that resulted in two deaths and four injuries.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019
- Two militiamen Among 11 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2019
- ISIS Executes Another Truffle Hunter; Two People Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2019
- Tribal Fighting Leaves Casualties; Five Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2019