Although no major bombings took place, the usual background violence took at least 16 lives. At least 36 were also wounded. In northern Iraq a shrine and a pipeline were bombed in separate attacks, but no causalities were reported.
In Mosul, two Peshmerga were killed and two more were wounded when roadside bomb exploded. Another bomb killed a civilian and wounded two others. Four bodyguards were wounded in a bomb attack against Nineva’s police chief. A counter-terrorism officer was gunned down. Gunmen wounded a policeman protecting electrical works.
A Sahwa leader and two bodyguards were killed in an attack on his home in Madaen.
A bomb in Badush killed two soldiers and wounded four civilians.
In Tikrit, two policemen were killed and an officer was wounded in a roadside bombing. A roadside bomb wounded two civilians. A bomb killed a chauffer and wounded a police officer.
A bomb planted in a car killed an army captain in Baghdad.
An attack on a Sahwa’s home in Abu Ghraib left two dead, his son and a cousin.
A policeman was killed in Falluja during a drive-by shooting.
An old landmine wounded three teenage shepherds near Nasariya.
Three policemen were wounded in a bomb blast in Hawija.
A blast wounded three people, including a civilian in Muqdadiya.
A sticky bomb wounded a civilian in Arbil.
A pipeline in northern Iraq was bombed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Political Blocs Discuss Coalition Building; Seven Killed in Iraq – August 19th, 2018
- Militia Armory Burns and Explodes; 15 Killed in Iraq – August 18th, 2018
- Electric Infrastructure Targeted; Six Killed in Iraq – August 17th, 2018
- Six Executed in Iraq; Six Others Killed Across Country – August 16th, 2018
- Protests in Basra Ramp up Again; 30 Killed in Iraq – August 15th, 2018