Mosque, Funeral, Soccer Field Attacks: 46 Iraqis Killed, 106 Wounded
Saturday: 46 Killed, 106 Wounded
Late day attacks pushed the number of those killed to 46 dead, while another 106 people were wounded in the carnage. In Baghdad, soccer players and mosque attendees were among the victims, while in Diyala province another funeral gathering was attacked.
In Muqdadiya, a bomb killed two people and wounded nine more, including children.
In Madaen, two young men were killed and seven more were wounded in a blast targeting young people playing a game popular during Ramadan. A separate bomb killed a policeman.
One border guard was killed and five more were wounded when men tried to cross the Syrian border into Anbar province.
In Qayara, a bomb killed one civilian and wounded two more.
An I.E.D. wounded three civilians in Garma.
In Abu Ghraib, a bomb killed a policeman and wounded two others.
Gunmen in Falluja killed a policeman and wounded his two brothers.
A taxi driver was shot dead in Mussayab.
Gunmen in Tal Abta killed a man.
In Mosul, gunmen killed a vacationing lieutenant.
A bomb in Hib Hib wounded two Sahwa members.
A bomb targeting a Babil provincial councilman traveling through Iskandariya wounded two bodyguards when it exploded.
A sticky bomb in Wadi Hajar injured a policeman.
In Basra, a bomb at a Turkish Airways office left no casualties.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Operations Continue in Northern Iraq; 171 Killed, 210 Wounded – March 2nd, 2015
- Iraq: 4,134 Killed in February; Major Operation Begins in North – March 1st, 2015
- Heavy Clashes and Bombings Leave 97 Dead, 127 Wounded in Iraq – February 28th, 2015
- String of Bombings in Baghdad; 47 Killed across Iraq – February 27th, 2015
- Coalition Airstrikes Kill Civilians; 224 Killed Across Iraq – February 26th, 2015