At least 19 Iraqis were killed and 53 more were wounded in fresh bloodshed. One bomber managed to find a soccer game to attack, while gunmen were able to kill several physicians in the capital.
In Baghdad, a late-evening bomb at a teahouse in Adhamiya killed three people and wounded 14 more. A female doctor and a crossing guard were gunned down in Zaafaraniya. Gunmen killed a doctor and wounded a second one in New Baghdad. A kidnapped girl was liberated.
Two soldiers were wounded in Amiriyat al-Falluja when gunmen attacked their checkpoint.
In Tikrit, a sticky bomb wounded a civilian. Four security elements were killed and two more were wounded in a separate blast.
Three sticky bombs on three separate cars in Qadisiya wounded three policemen.
Two civilians were wounded in a bombing in Zab.
A clash in Qaim left an insurgent leader dead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Baghdad Deploys More Troops to Kirkuk; 13 Killed in Iraq – October 22nd, 2018
- Random Attacks Rattle North; 23 Killed in Iraq – October 21st, 2018
- Nine Militants Killed During Security Operations in Iraq – October 20th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018