Bridegroom among 19 Killed in Iraq
Wednesday: 19 Killed, 61 Wounded
The focus of today’s bloodshed was turned north towards Mosul. Overall, at least 19 Iraqis were killed, including a groom, and 61 more were wounded, including a bride.
In Mosul, a suicide car bomber killed a groom and wounded 12 wedding attendees, including the bride, while targeting soldiers in Muthanna; eight soldiers were wounded. A suicide bomber attacked an army checkpoint in Mitaq, where he killed two soldiers and wounded three more; two civilians were wounded in a bombing there as well. Police killed one gunman and wounded another who were attacking a checkpoint. Four soldiers were killed and five more were wounded when a suicide bomber struck a base in al-Baker; seven civilians were also wounded. Another suicide bomber wounded four soldiers. 12 42
Two Sahwa members were killed and five more were wounded in a roadside blast in Mushahda.
A bomb in Balad left one policeman dead and two more wounded.
Gunmen killed a leader in the New Sahwa forces in Garma.
One man was killed and another was wounded as they were apparently planting a bomb in Dujail.
Gunmen with machine guns wounded three people in Amiriyat al-Falluja.
A sticky bomb wounded the driver of a car parked near a government building in Baquba.
In Khan Bani Saad, an I.E.D. wounded five civilians.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Fighting Ramps up in Anbar province; 112 Killed in Iraq – September 26th, 2016
- Mass Executions in Mosul; 145 Killed in Iraq – September 25th, 2016
- Attack on Security Chiefs near Tikrit; 87 Killed in Iraq – September 24th, 2016
- UK Ramps Up Strikes; 16 Killed in Iraq – September 23rd, 2016
- Militants Immolate Civilians; 216 Killed in Iraq – September 22nd, 2016