Bridegroom among 19 Killed in Iraq
Wednesday: 19 Killed, 61 Wounded
The focus of today’s bloodshed was turned north towards Mosul. Overall, at least 19 Iraqis were killed, including a groom, and 61 more were wounded, including a bride.
In Mosul, a suicide car bomber killed a groom and wounded 12 wedding attendees, including the bride, while targeting soldiers in Muthanna; eight soldiers were wounded. A suicide bomber attacked an army checkpoint in Mitaq, where he killed two soldiers and wounded three more; two civilians were wounded in a bombing there as well. Police killed one gunman and wounded another who were attacking a checkpoint. Four soldiers were killed and five more were wounded when a suicide bomber struck a base in al-Baker; seven civilians were also wounded. Another suicide bomber wounded four soldiers. 12 42
Two Sahwa members were killed and five more were wounded in a roadside blast in Mushahda.
A bomb in Balad left one policeman dead and two more wounded.
Gunmen killed a leader in the New Sahwa forces in Garma.
One man was killed and another was wounded as they were apparently planting a bomb in Dujail.
Gunmen with machine guns wounded three people in Amiriyat al-Falluja.
A sticky bomb wounded the driver of a car parked near a government building in Baquba.
In Khan Bani Saad, an I.E.D. wounded five civilians.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Thousands Try To Flee Tikrit As 339 Are Killed across Iraq – March 5th, 2015
- Iraqi Forces Make Some Progress; 139 Killed – March 4th, 2015
- 128 Killed in Iraq Battles and Attacks – March 3rd, 2015
- Operations Continue in Northern Iraq; 171 Killed, 210 Wounded – March 2nd, 2015
- Iraq: 4,134 Killed in February; Major Operation Begins in North – March 1st, 2015