The focus of today’s bloodshed was turned north towards Mosul. Overall, at least 19 Iraqis were killed, including a groom, and 61 more were wounded, including a bride.
In Mosul, a suicide car bomber killed a groom and wounded 12 wedding attendees, including the bride, while targeting soldiers in Muthanna; eight soldiers were wounded. A suicide bomber attacked an army checkpoint in Mitaq, where he killed two soldiers and wounded three more; two civilians were wounded in a bombing there as well. Police killed one gunman and wounded another who were attacking a checkpoint. Four soldiers were killed and five more were wounded when a suicide bomber struck a base in al-Baker; seven civilians were also wounded. Another suicide bomber wounded four soldiers. 12 42
Two Sahwa members were killed and five more were wounded in a roadside blast in Mushahda.
A bomb in Balad left one policeman dead and two more wounded.
Gunmen killed a leader in the New Sahwa forces in Garma.
One man was killed and another was wounded as they were apparently planting a bomb in Dujail.
Gunmen with machine guns wounded three people in Amiriyat al-Falluja.
A sticky bomb wounded the driver of a car parked near a government building in Baquba.
In Khan Bani Saad, an I.E.D. wounded five civilians.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Baghdad Deploys More Troops to Kirkuk; 13 Killed in Iraq – October 22nd, 2018
- Random Attacks Rattle North; 23 Killed in Iraq – October 21st, 2018
- Nine Militants Killed During Security Operations in Iraq – October 20th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018