57 Killed across Iraq as Suicide Bombers Strike in the North
Saturday: 55 Killed, 69 Wounded
At least 57 people were killed and 69 more were wounded across the country, including two Syrian militants who were killed during a border clash with Iraqi security forces. Most of the attacks against civilians and local police occurred north of Baghdad, while clashes that killed gunmen and military forces took place to the east and west.
In Tikrit, grenades killed four truck drivers and wounded four porters; two people were killed and four more were wounded when gunmen attacked more workers waiting near a grain silo. Gunmen also killed three policemen and wounded two others at a checkpoint.
In Tuz, gunmen shot and killed four policemen.
Gunmen in Samarra killed two policemen and wounded four more.
At an Anbar province checkpoint near the Syrian border, insurgents using rocket-propelled grenades killed five policemen.
Six gunmen were killed during clashes near Qaim, when army helicopters shelled their location. Several military casualties were reported yesterday. Separately, a bomb killed two soldiers and wounded three more.
During a raid in the Hamrim Hills, security forces killed five gunmen and arrested 55 more.
An I.E.D. at the Albu Ajeel police station killed one policeman and wounded three more.
Two Syrian militants were killed and three Iraqi soldiers were wounded in a border clash in Anbar.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Displaced Executed near Kirkuk; 110 Killed in Iraq – December 5th, 2016
- Attacks on Mosul Civilians Continue; 115 Killed in Iraq – December 4th, 2016
- Suicide Bomber Targets Mosul Civilians; 91 Killed Across Iraq – December 3rd, 2016
- 192 Killed in Iraq; Explosion at ISIS Storage Facility Kills Dozens – December 1st, 2016
- 5,719 Killed in Iraq during November – November 30th, 2016