Ahead of tomorrow’s provincial elections, security forces have taken various methods to prevent violence. Still, at least 21 people were killed and 47 more were wounded.
Eight people were killed and 25 more were wounded when a pair of homemade bombs exploded at a soccer field in Muqdadiya.
A landmine leftover from the 1991 Gulf War killed two people in Samawa.
Two gunmen were killed in a failed attempt to blow up a polling center in Mosul.
A bomb in Garma killed a counter-terrorism officer and wounded three of his brothers during a family outing.
In Baghdad, a bomb wounded six people in Shula.
A bomb targeting a political candidate in Hit left no casualties. Another political candidate escaped an assassination attempt yesterday.
Security was tightened at the Diyala province council building after shots were fired during a protest.
Except for the international highway, all roads in Anbar province will be closed due to the provincial elections.
A curfew was imposed in Ninewa province to ensure security for the elections.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Baghdad Deploys More Troops to Kirkuk; 13 Killed in Iraq – October 22nd, 2018
- Random Attacks Rattle North; 23 Killed in Iraq – October 21st, 2018
- Nine Militants Killed During Security Operations in Iraq – October 20th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018