The number of attacks surged dramatically today, with Mosul and northern Iraq taking the brunt of the violence. Overall, at least 94 Iraqis were killed and 289 more were wounded.
In Mosul, five bombs killed 29 people and wounded 114 more, mostly at checkpoints. Separately, Clashes in Tamuz left four policemen dead and eight others wounded. Gunmen killed a policeman and wounded another.
A triple bombing that included a suicide bomber left 15 dead and 50 wounded at a market in Jadida al-Shat.
A car bomb in Tuz Khormato left 11 dead and 30 wounded.
Four people were killed and 12 more were wounded when two bombs exploded at Sadr City coffee shops.
In Dibis, a suicide bomber killed one person and wounded 14 more.
Four soldiers were gunned down in Alillai.
Two civilians were killed near the Baquba home.
A roadside bomb killed a civilian and wounded another in Tal Afar.
In Baghdad, a bomb wounded six people in the Amin district.
In Iskandariya, a bomb wounded five people.
Gunmen kidnapped two civilians in Kirkuk.
Clashes took place into Jurf al-Sakhar, but the number of casualties was not reported.
In Ramadi, a sticky bomb failed to kill or injure an Iraqiya candidate.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Ambushes Shi’ite Militiamen near Kirkuk; 31 Killed in Iraq – February 19th, 2018
- ISIS Widows Sentenced to Death, Prison; Eight Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2018
- Another Mass Grave Found South of Mosul; 116 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2018
- Security Forces Battle ISIS near Mosul; 23 Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2018
- Airstrikes Target ISIS near Mosul; 15 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2018