The number of attacks surged dramatically today, with Mosul and northern Iraq taking the brunt of the violence. Overall, at least 94 Iraqis were killed and 289 more were wounded.
In Mosul, five bombs killed 29 people and wounded 114 more, mostly at checkpoints. Separately, Clashes in Tamuz left four policemen dead and eight others wounded. Gunmen killed a policeman and wounded another.
A triple bombing that included a suicide bomber left 15 dead and 50 wounded at a market in Jadida al-Shat.
A car bomb in Tuz Khormato left 11 dead and 30 wounded.
Four people were killed and 12 more were wounded when two bombs exploded at Sadr City coffee shops.
In Dibis, a suicide bomber killed one person and wounded 14 more.
Four soldiers were gunned down in Alillai.
Two civilians were killed near the Baquba home.
A roadside bomb killed a civilian and wounded another in Tal Afar.
In Baghdad, a bomb wounded six people in the Amin district.
In Iskandariya, a bomb wounded five people.
Gunmen kidnapped two civilians in Kirkuk.
Clashes took place into Jurf al-Sakhar, but the number of casualties was not reported.
In Ramadi, a sticky bomb failed to kill or injure an Iraqiya candidate.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Fears for Civilians as Tal Afar Operation Moves Forward; 12 Killed in Iraq – August 20th, 2017
- Tal Afar Operation Starts; 91 Killed in Iraq – August 19th, 2017
- 45 Killed in Iraq as Troops Gather Around Tal Afar – August 18th, 2017
- Donkey Bomb Kills Militants; 50 Killed in Iraq – August 17th, 2017
- Several ISIS Attacks Against Security Personnel; 66 Killed in Iraq – August 16th, 2017