Ten Killed in Iraq; Shots Fired at Anti-government Protest
Monday: 10 Killed, 15 Wounded
Protests flared in Mosul, where agitated demonstrations tried to take over several army vehicles. Mosul was also the focus of violence that left 10 dead and 15 wounded across the country.
In Mosul, shots were fired after protestors climbed on top of army Humvees; four protestors were wounded when they were struck by one of the vehicles trying to disperse them. A Christian woman’s body was found. Gunmen killed three policemen and wounded four more at a checkpoint. Two soldiers were killed and a civilian was wounded in a blast. A soldier was shot dead.
A bomb in Shirqat killed a policeman and wounded two others.
One soldier was killed and another was wounded in a bomb blast in Muqdadiya.
In Samarra, the body of a Sahwa member was found riddled with bullets.
A bomb targeting a police chief in Haditha wounded two policemen instead.
A farmer was wounded when a bullet struck him in Tali’aa.
Mortars fell on the Anbar Operations Command H.Q. in Ramadi, but no casualties were reported.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Attack on Forces in Anbar; 195 Killed in Iraq – April 29th, 2016
- Biden Visits Baghdad; 107 Killed in Iraq – April 28th, 2016
- Iraq Army Advances Towards Mosul; 311 Killed Across Country – April 27th, 2016
- 94 Killed Across Iraq; Tuz Khormato Still a Battle Zone – April 26th, 2016
- Clashes Continue in Tuz Khormato; 159 Killed in Iraq – April 25th, 2016