Seven Killed Across Iraq
Friday: 7 Killed, 18 Wounded
The Eid al-Adha holiday has, so far, been relatively quiet. Violence had been expected surrounding the observances, which began last night. Still, at least seven Iraqis were killed and 18 more were wounded in the latest attacks.
Four people were killed and 12 more were wounded when a bomb exploded at a café in Khalis.
A car bomb outside a restaurant in Hilla wounded one policeman.
One policemen was wounded during a blast in Mosul.
In Amara, two people were kidnapped.
A bomb was hidden among soft drinks left outside a policewoman’s home exploded but no casualties were reported.
Mortars failed to injure anyone in Amiriyat al-Falluja.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraqi Police Targeted As Attacks Claim 44 Lives – May 19th, 2013
- Forty Killed Across Iraq; 13 Kidnapped in Anbar Province – May 18th, 2013
- Retaliation Against Sunnis Leave 90 Dead, 201 Wounded Across Iraq – May 17th, 2013
- Bombings Continue in Baghdad, Kirkuk; 40 Killed – May 16th, 2013
- Iraq Horror: 42 Killed, 141 Wounded – May 15th, 2013