The Eid al-Adha holiday has, so far, been relatively quiet. Violence had been expected surrounding the observances, which began last night. Still, at least seven Iraqis were killed and 18 more were wounded in the latest attacks.
Four people were killed and 12 more were wounded when a bomb exploded at a café in Khalis.
A car bomb outside a restaurant in Hilla wounded one policeman.
One policemen was wounded during a blast in Mosul.
In Amara, two people were kidnapped.
A bomb was hidden among soft drinks left outside a policewoman’s home exploded but no casualties were reported.
Mortars failed to injure anyone in Amiriyat al-Falluja.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- More Yazidi Victims Found in Mass Graves; 97 Killed in Iraq – December 16th, 2017
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017