The Eid al-Adha holiday has, so far, been relatively quiet. Violence had been expected surrounding the observances, which began last night. Still, at least seven Iraqis were killed and 18 more were wounded in the latest attacks.
Four people were killed and 12 more were wounded when a bomb exploded at a café in Khalis.
A car bomb outside a restaurant in Hilla wounded one policeman.
One policemen was wounded during a blast in Mosul.
In Amara, two people were kidnapped.
A bomb was hidden among soft drinks left outside a policewoman’s home exploded but no casualties were reported.
Mortars failed to injure anyone in Amiriyat al-Falluja.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- HRW Calls on Baghdad to Admit to Holding Prisoners; 25 Killed in Iraq – July 22nd, 2018
- Peshmerga Forces Beaten at Checkpoint; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 21st, 2018
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018