Amnesty International asked for a moratorium on the death penalty after 26 convicts were executed this week. Previous calls from A.I. and other groups earlier this year were ignored. So far, 96 people are known to have been executed. A.I. criticized the trials where many of the executed were found guilty and suggested that they may have been tortured into confessions.
At least six Iraqis were killed and nine more were wounded.
A civilian was killed and two more were wounded during an explosion in Anna.
In Iskandariya, gunmen killed a car driver and his passenger, who works in the police forces.
A sticky bomb killed a man in Falluja.
A bomb in Riyadh wounded two officers.
A soldier was wounded in blast in al-Nida.
In Baquba, gunmen wounded a civilian.
Three bombs failed to produce casualties in Kirkuk when they targeted a police chief’s convoy.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Oil Field; 15 Killed in Iraq – October 10th, 2018
- Security Forces Among 13 Killed in Iraq – October 9th, 2018