Amnesty International asked for a moratorium on the death penalty after 26 convicts were executed this week. Previous calls from A.I. and other groups earlier this year were ignored. So far, 96 people are known to have been executed. A.I. criticized the trials where many of the executed were found guilty and suggested that they may have been tortured into confessions.
At least six Iraqis were killed and nine more were wounded.
A civilian was killed and two more were wounded during an explosion in Anna.
In Iskandariya, gunmen killed a car driver and his passenger, who works in the police forces.
A sticky bomb killed a man in Falluja.
A bomb in Riyadh wounded two officers.
A soldier was wounded in blast in al-Nida.
In Baquba, gunmen wounded a civilian.
Three bombs failed to produce casualties in Kirkuk when they targeted a police chief’s convoy.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018
- Mass Grave Found Near Kirkuk; 29 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2018
- Militiaman Shoots P.M.’s Security Officer; 32 Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2018