Attacks Resume in Iraq: 20 Killed, 33 Wounded
Friday: 20 Killed, 33 Wounded
With the end of Eid al-Fitr observances, reports of violence returned to their average levels. At least 20 Iraqis were killed and 33 more were wounded. Baghdad and its suburb of Sadr City saw the most casualties, but Mosul reported a number of deaths in small-scale attacks.
In Baghdad, insurgents threw bombs and grenades at a Karrada-area hotel housing a nightclub, which erupted in flames shortly afterwards. Six people were killed and 12 more were killed in the fire that is under investigation.
A blast killed one person and wounded three more in Khan Bani Saad.
A blast in Jurf al-Milih wounded three policemen, one of them an officer.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Shelling and Bombings Kill 42, Wound 62 Across Iraq – March 7th, 2014
- More Bloodshed in Iraq: 82 Killed, 176 Wounded – March 6th, 2014
- 53 Killed, 106 Wounded As Noisy Celebrations Provide Cover for Iraq Attacks – March 5th, 2014
- Gunmen Attack Samarra Council; 42 Killed, 74 Wounded Across Iraq – March 4th, 2014
- Iraq Security Ops Continue: 97 Killed, 45 Wounded – March 3rd, 2014