Attacks Resume in Iraq: 20 Killed, 33 Wounded
Friday: 20 Killed, 33 Wounded
With the end of Eid al-Fitr observances, reports of violence returned to their average levels. At least 20 Iraqis were killed and 33 more were wounded. Baghdad and its suburb of Sadr City saw the most casualties, but Mosul reported a number of deaths in small-scale attacks.
In Baghdad, insurgents threw bombs and grenades at a Karrada-area hotel housing a nightclub, which erupted in flames shortly afterwards. Six people were killed and 12 more were killed in the fire that is under investigation.
A blast killed one person and wounded three more in Khan Bani Saad.
A blast in Jurf al-Milih wounded three policemen, one of them an officer.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 58 Killed across Iraq; Over 120 Found in Mass Grave – November 28th, 2015
- Suicide Bomber Targets Soldiers; 57 Killed across Iraq – November 27th, 2015
- French Reportedly Bomb School; 48 Killed across Iraq – November 26th, 2015
- 112 Killed across Iraq as Turkey Resumes Bombing Runs – November 25th, 2015
- 166 Killed across Iraq; Militia Accused of Seizing Hospital – November 24th, 2015