A bodyguard working one of Iraq’s two vice presidents was among the eight killed in Iraq today. Another three people were wounded.
In Baghdad, gunmen killed a bodyguard working for Iraq’s Shi’ite vice president, Khudayr al-Khuzaie. It is not known whether the shooting was random or targeted. Iraq’s other vice president, Tareq al-Hashemi, fled the country to avoid prosecution on terrorism charges.
Six people were killed and three more were wounded in a blast in Mosul. Most of the victims were soldiers.
A lawyer was gunned down in Falluja.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Anti-ISIS Operations Near Syrian Border; 16 Killed in Iraq – September 20th, 2018
- Kirkuk Blast Targets Political Party; 24 Killed in Iraq – September 19th, 2018
- Roadside Bombs Target Buses; 18 Killed in Iraq – September 18th, 2018
- Water Sickens Baghdad Soccer Team in Basra; 14 Killed or Found Dead in Iraq – September 17th, 2018
- Troops Deployed to Turkish Border; 20 Killed in Iraq – September 16th, 2018