Iraq Violence Continues Unabated: 10 Killed, 48 Wounded
Thursday: 10 Iraqis Killed, 48 Wounded
Violence moved north deep into predominantly Sunni areas. Overall, at least 10 Iraqis were killed and 48 more were wounded across the country. Separately, a member of the Iraqiya list has accused Baghdad of sending security forces to Diyala province to incite violence within the Sunni population.
In Mosul, a suicide bomber attacked a barbershop, where he killed five people and wounded 20 more. Barbershops were a favorite target of insurgents during the height of violence. Thirteen people were wounded when a booby-trapped car blew up.
Three drivers were wounded when bombs targeting their oil trucks exploded in Tuz Khormato.
Two soldiers were killed and a major was wounded during an attack on a Badush checkpoint.
A bomb killed a Sahwa member and wounded two more in Buhriz.
Two people were wounded in a bombing outside a Samarra bank.
A liquor store was blown up in Baiji.
Three large bombs targeting pilgrims in Hilla were discovered and defused.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraqi Police Targeted As Attacks Claim 44 Lives – May 19th, 2013
- Forty Killed Across Iraq; 13 Kidnapped in Anbar Province – May 18th, 2013
- Retaliation Against Sunnis Leave 90 Dead, 201 Wounded Across Iraq – May 17th, 2013
- Bombings Continue in Baghdad, Kirkuk; 40 Killed – May 16th, 2013
- Iraq Horror: 42 Killed, 141 Wounded – May 15th, 2013