Fresh Bloodshed Leaves 19 Iraqis Killed, 53 Wounded
Sunday: 19 Iraqis Killed, 53 Wounded
As Shi’ite pilgrims return home, violence against them has tapered, but attacks against other targets continued. At least 19 Iraqis were killed and 53 more were wounded in attack that focused on west and northern Iraq. Also, Anbar police have imposed a cycle ban after receiving information about more potential attacks.
Two people were killed and 26 more were wounded in Shirqat when a bomb exploded in a petrol queue near a police station.
In Falluja, a car bomb killed two soldiers and wounded four more; three bystanders were also wounded. A child was killed and three others were wounded in a second bombing. A car bomb killed two civilians and wounded one more. A dumpster bomb killed a child and wounded a woman.
The bodies of two young people were discovered near Samarra.
A roadside bomb north of Kirkuk killed a contractor and wounded three more; the Iraqi trio was working for a Turkish company.
A bomb killed a police officer and wounded five more in Tuz Khormato.
A roadside bombing in Saqlawiya killed a driver and wounded a passenger.
A body was discovered in Sharezoor.
Three policemen were wounded in a Tikrit blast.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Retaliation Against Sunnis Leave 90 Dead, 201 Wounded Across Iraq – May 17th, 2013
- Bombings Continue in Baghdad, Kirkuk; 40 Killed – May 16th, 2013
- Iraq Horror: 42 Killed, 141 Wounded – May 15th, 2013
- Baghdad Liquor Stores Targeted in Ongoing Attacks – May 14th, 2013
- Cleric and Councilman Among 14 Killed in Iraq – May 13th, 2013