Malaysia rejected an Iraqi request to return a former lawmaker who stood accused of terrorist acts. Mohammed al-Daini had been critical of Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki’s government and exposed secret jails. He claimed the charges were politically motivated, and very little evidence against him had been gathered by the time he fled Iraq.
At least eight Iraqis were killed and eight more were wounded in new violence.
Seven people were wounded when a car bomb exploded near a Shi’ite procession in Balad Ruz.
In Baghdad, an engineer was killed.
A roadside bomb wounded a shepherd in Udhaim.
A bomb targeted a Sahwa commander in Tariqiya
Three people, one a teenager, disappeared in Hilla.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Fresh Operations near Mosul; 22 Killed in Iraq – November 14th, 2018
- 25 Killed in Turkish Strikes Against PKK in Northern Iraq – November 13th, 2018
- Sunni Militia Officer Among 16 Killed in Iraq – November 12th, 2018
- Air Strikes Continue in North; 29 Killed in Iraq – November 11th, 2018
- Airstrikes in Kurdish Region; 33 Killed in Iraq – November 10th, 2018