Malaysia rejected an Iraqi request to return a former lawmaker who stood accused of terrorist acts. Mohammed al-Daini had been critical of Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki’s government and exposed secret jails. He claimed the charges were politically motivated, and very little evidence against him had been gathered by the time he fled Iraq.
At least eight Iraqis were killed and eight more were wounded in new violence.
Seven people were wounded when a car bomb exploded near a Shi’ite procession in Balad Ruz.
In Baghdad, an engineer was killed.
A roadside bomb wounded a shepherd in Udhaim.
A bomb targeted a Sahwa commander in Tariqiya
Three people, one a teenager, disappeared in Hilla.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- More Yazidi Victims Found in Mass Graves; 97 Killed in Iraq – December 16th, 2017
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017