Malaysia rejected an Iraqi request to return a former lawmaker who stood accused of terrorist acts. Mohammed al-Daini had been critical of Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki’s government and exposed secret jails. He claimed the charges were politically motivated, and very little evidence against him had been gathered by the time he fled Iraq.
At least eight Iraqis were killed and eight more were wounded in new violence.
Seven people were wounded when a car bomb exploded near a Shi’ite procession in Balad Ruz.
In Baghdad, an engineer was killed.
A roadside bomb wounded a shepherd in Udhaim.
A bomb targeted a Sahwa commander in Tariqiya
Three people, one a teenager, disappeared in Hilla.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Peshmerga Forces Beaten at Checkpoint; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 21st, 2018
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018