At least 13 Iraqis were killed and 33 more wounded in the latest violence. Meanwhile, back in the United States, a federal grand jury is investigating claims that C.I.A. agents were involved in some abuse cases.
Police in Mosul prevented a man from immolating himself after losing his temporary job allegedly to someone with government connection. A landmine killed a woman, while two soldiers were killed in separate attacks.
Two beheaded bodies were found in Baaj.
A sticky bomb in Mussayab killed a policeman.
In Balad, a Sunni preacher was injured during an attempt on his life.
Fourteen suspects were arrested in Kirkuk.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017
- Scattered Attacks Leave 51 Killed Across Iraq – December 9th, 2017
- Christians Again Displaced; 13 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2017
- Clashes Reported in Kirkuk; 31 Killed Across Iraq – December 7th, 2017
- Kurdish Refugee Camp Bombed; 18 Killed in Iraq – December 6th, 2017