At least 13 Iraqis were killed and 33 more wounded in the latest violence. Meanwhile, back in the United States, a federal grand jury is investigating claims that C.I.A. agents were involved in some abuse cases.
Police in Mosul prevented a man from immolating himself after losing his temporary job allegedly to someone with government connection. A landmine killed a woman, while two soldiers were killed in separate attacks.
Two beheaded bodies were found in Baaj.
A sticky bomb in Mussayab killed a policeman.
In Balad, a Sunni preacher was injured during an attempt on his life.
Fourteen suspects were arrested in Kirkuk.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Random Attacks Rattle North; 23 Killed in Iraq – October 21st, 2018
- Nine Militants Killed During Security Operations in Iraq – October 20th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018