Sunday: 2 US Soldiers, 3 Iraqis Killed; 2 Iraqis Wounded
At least three Iraqis were killed and two more were wounded in new attacks. Also, one U.S. soldier was killed in a small arms attack today, and another U.S. soldier died during physical training on Friday. Thousands of Iraqi pilgrims are making their way. Meanwhile, Iraq has run out of money to pay widow’s benefits and for other poverty alleviation programs.
A seven-year-old boy and his parents were wounded in Khalis.
A bomb left in a cart killed an old man in Baquba.
In Baghdad, a bomb wounded a man in Kadhimiya.
Ten suspected Naqshabandiya members, including a leader, were arrested in Salah ad Din province.
Ten suspects were arrested in Basra province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Bombers Strike near Baghdad Shrine; 195 Killed, 173 Wounded Across Iraq – September 18th, 2014
- 178 Killed, 95 Wounded in Numerous Attacks, Clashes Across Iraq – September 17th, 2014
- Shi’ite Militias Reject PM Ministry Picks; 67 Killed Across Iraq – September 16th, 2014
- As Diplomats Discuss Iraq, 86 Are Killed across Country – September 15th, 2014
- Falluja Hospital Bombed Again As 42 Killed Across Iraq – September 14th, 2014