Sunday: 2 US Soldiers, 3 Iraqis Killed; 2 Iraqis Wounded
At least three Iraqis were killed and two more were wounded in new attacks. Also, one U.S. soldier was killed in a small arms attack today, and another U.S. soldier died during physical training on Friday. Thousands of Iraqi pilgrims are making their way. Meanwhile, Iraq has run out of money to pay widow’s benefits and for other poverty alleviation programs.
A seven-year-old boy and his parents were wounded in Khalis.
A bomb left in a cart killed an old man in Baquba.
In Baghdad, a bomb wounded a man in Kadhimiya.
Ten suspected Naqshabandiya members, including a leader, were arrested in Salah ad Din province.
Ten suspects were arrested in Basra province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Bodies Litter Tigris River in Mosul; 39 Killed in Iraq – January 17th, 2017
- Jonah’s Tomb Captured in Mosul; 50 Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Checkpoints in Diyala Province; 184 Killed in Iraq – January 15th, 2017
- ISIS Burns Family to Death, Including Infant; 57 Killed in Iraq – January 14th, 2017
- Symbolic Buildings, Bridge Captured in Mosul; 118 Killed in Iraq – January 13th, 2017