Sunday: 2 US Soldiers, 3 Iraqis Killed; 2 Iraqis Wounded
At least three Iraqis were killed and two more were wounded in new attacks. Also, one U.S. soldier was killed in a small arms attack today, and another U.S. soldier died during physical training on Friday. Thousands of Iraqi pilgrims are making their way. Meanwhile, Iraq has run out of money to pay widow’s benefits and for other poverty alleviation programs.
A seven-year-old boy and his parents were wounded in Khalis.
A bomb left in a cart killed an old man in Baquba.
In Baghdad, a bomb wounded a man in Kadhimiya.
Ten suspected Naqshabandiya members, including a leader, were arrested in Salah ad Din province.
Ten suspects were arrested in Basra province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Heavy Clashes and Bombings Leave 97 Dead, 127 Wounded in Iraq – February 28th, 2015
- String of Bombings in Baghdad; 47 Killed across Iraq – February 27th, 2015
- Coalition Airstrikes Kill Civilians; 224 Killed Across Iraq – February 26th, 2015
- Iraq: 187 Killed, 100 Kidnapped – February 25th, 2015
- Series of Bombs Torment Baghdad; 197 Killed across Iraq – February 24th, 2015