At least three Iraqis were killed and two more were wounded in new attacks. Also, one U.S. soldier was killed in a small arms attack today, and another U.S. soldier died during physical training on Friday. Thousands of Iraqi pilgrims are making their way. Meanwhile, Iraq has run out of money to pay widow’s benefits and for other poverty alleviation programs.
A seven-year-old boy and his parents were wounded in Khalis.
A bomb left in a cart killed an old man in Baquba.
In Baghdad, a bomb wounded a man in Kadhimiya.
Ten suspected Naqshabandiya members, including a leader, were arrested in Salah ad Din province.
Ten suspects were arrested in Basra province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Hostages Executed at Mosul Hospital; 176 Killed in Iraq – May 28th, 2017
- Iraq Repatriates 1980s War Dead to Iran; 58 Killed in Iraq – May 27th, 2017
- Witnesses Dispute Airstrike Report; 89 Killed in Iraq – May 26th, 2017
- Thousands Kidnapped for Use as Human Shields; 83 Killed in Iraq – May 25th, 2017
- Militants Blow up Home with Civilians Sealed Inside; 103 Killed in Iraq – May 24th, 2017