At least six Iraqis were killed and seven more were wounded in a second day of unusually light violence. Meanwhile, one U.S. soldier was killed and three more were wounded in what is being treated as a non-hostile helicopter crash. Also, Gen. Ray Odierno said in a television interview that the U.S. drawdown is on track; however, there are signs that a full withdrawal could spell more sectarian violence.
Three people were wounded during an operation to capture a high-ranking suspect in Rawa. The gunman was wounded while resisting arrest as were two policemen.
One woman was killed and a man was wounded in Baquba when a bomb attached to a car exploded.
The body of a Shabak man was found near Bartala.
Ten suspects were captured in Basra province. A stash containing 50 mortars was found south of Basra city. Also, police arrested two people suspected of tossing grenades at the home of a Sahwa member yesterday.
Explosives were confiscated in Kirkuk.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018