At least three Iraqis were killed and six were wounded in light violence. Also, there are reports that Iranian intelligence officers are in Iraq intimidating former Iranians now living at Camp Ashraf.
The People’s Mujahideen Organization of Iran reported on the arrival 20 Iranian intelligence officers at Camp Ashraf, where thousands of PMOI rebels and their families live in exile. The officers are there to press the residents to leave the camp. They were under U.S. protection until last year when the camp was handed over to Iraqi authorities. The Iraqi government is under Iranian pressure to expel the group, but the rebels believe their return to Iran would mean torture or death, and no third country has offered to take them.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017