At least three Iraqis were killed and six were wounded in light violence. Also, there are reports that Iranian intelligence officers are in Iraq intimidating former Iranians now living at Camp Ashraf.
The People’s Mujahideen Organization of Iran reported on the arrival 20 Iranian intelligence officers at Camp Ashraf, where thousands of PMOI rebels and their families live in exile. The officers are there to press the residents to leave the camp. They were under U.S. protection until last year when the camp was handed over to Iraqi authorities. The Iraqi government is under Iranian pressure to expel the group, but the rebels believe their return to Iran would mean torture or death, and no third country has offered to take them.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Airstrikes Leave Kurdish Fatalities; 14 Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2018
- India Abductees Found Dead Near Mosul; 72 Killed in Iraq – March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018