At least three Iraqis were killed and six were wounded in light violence. Also, there are reports that Iranian intelligence officers are in Iraq intimidating former Iranians now living at Camp Ashraf.
The People’s Mujahideen Organization of Iran reported on the arrival 20 Iranian intelligence officers at Camp Ashraf, where thousands of PMOI rebels and their families live in exile. The officers are there to press the residents to leave the camp. They were under U.S. protection until last year when the camp was handed over to Iraqi authorities. The Iraqi government is under Iranian pressure to expel the group, but the rebels believe their return to Iran would mean torture or death, and no third country has offered to take them.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018