At least four Iraqis were killed and 12 more were wounded in light violence. Meanwhile, Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki admitted that the Iraqiya party, which won the most seats in last month’s election, must be included in the next government.
An I.E.D. blew up in Touz Khormato and wounded five people.
Between Jalawla and Saidiya, a bomb blast wounded six Peshmerga fighters.
Two men, killed execution style, were found in Baaj.
In Mosul, Iraqi forces killed an al-Qaeda suspect during a joint operation alongside U.S. forces.
No casualties were reported after a rocket strike in Kirkuk.
A bomb was defused in Hawija.
Joint U.S., Iraqi, and Peshmerga forces arrested 37 suspects in separate villages in Jalawla.
Sixteen suspects were captured in Basra.
A Turkish soldier was killed and two more were wounded during clashes with Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) rebels in southeastern Turkey.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018