Updated at 8:48 p.m. EST, April, 5, 2010
A day after one of the deadliest attacks of the year took place in Baghdad, there was a lull in new violence. Overall, at least 11 Iraqis were killed and 11 more were wounded across the country. Also, a U.S. soldier was killed in a non-combat incident in Baghdad.
Wikileaks released a classified U.S. military video in which U.S. soldiers are shown shooting indiscriminately at a group of Iraqis. Two Reuters photographers were among those killed in the 2007 incident. Previous attempts by Reuters to see the film were thwarted. The Associated Press has confirmed the authenticity of the video.
The retrial of an Iraqi man convicted of killing British aid worker Margaret Hassan in 2004 was postponed so investigators can check on claims that Ali Lutfi al-Rawi was actually out of the country during her kidnapping and murder.
Six Shi’ites were killed during a home invasion in Suwayra. A married couple and their four children, whose ages ranged from 6 to 11, were killed for unknown reasons.
One person was killed and five others were wounded late in the evening in Baghdad, when a bomb exploded near a theater.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018