At least seven Iraqis were killed and 22 more were wounded in a series of attacks across central and northern Iraq. Meanwhile, Prime Minister Nouri al-Malki says he is ready for a lengthy battle in creating the new government. This week’s focus on the election has so far been on the Sadrist vote; however, the Kurds are now making their demands known.
In Baghdad, the bodies of a woman and a girl were found dumped in Shabb. Gunmen killed a health ministry official during a home invasion in Sleikh. Gunmen in Ur killed a shop owner. In Adhamiya, a sticky bomb wounded a driver and two bystanders. Two people were wounded during a blast at a Yarmouk liquor store. Three people were wounded when a bomb exploded at a liquor store in Hurriya; a police officer said other unreported blasts occurred there this week. Yesterday a roadside bomb in Bayaa left two wounded. A stun grenade left no casualties in Mansour. Sixty-two detainees were released from the al-Adala jail after charges against them could not be proven.
A blast targeting a U.S. patrol in Tikrit instead wounded an Iraqi civilian and a child.
A civilian was wounded during a blast in Hawija.
A U.S. air strike killed two men seen trying to plant a bomb in Basir.
Ten Karbala attacks suspects were arrested
A leading member of the Islamic State in Iraq was captured near Ramadi in Tameem.
In Basra, 16 suspects were arrested with guns and cars in their possession.
A member of the 1920 Brigades was capturedin Kirkuk.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018