At least seven Iraqis were killed and 22 more were wounded in a series of attacks across central and northern Iraq. Meanwhile, Prime Minister Nouri al-Malki says he is ready for a lengthy battle in creating the new government. This week’s focus on the election has so far been on the Sadrist vote; however, the Kurds are now making their demands known.
In Baghdad, the bodies of a woman and a girl were found dumped in Shabb. Gunmen killed a health ministry official during a home invasion in Sleikh. Gunmen in Ur killed a shop owner. In Adhamiya, a sticky bomb wounded a driver and two bystanders. Two people were wounded during a blast at a Yarmouk liquor store. Three people were wounded when a bomb exploded at a liquor store in Hurriya; a police officer said other unreported blasts occurred there this week. Yesterday a roadside bomb in Bayaa left two wounded. A stun grenade left no casualties in Mansour. Sixty-two detainees were released from the al-Adala jail after charges against them could not be proven.
A blast targeting a U.S. patrol in Tikrit instead wounded an Iraqi civilian and a child.
A civilian was wounded during a blast in Hawija.
A U.S. air strike killed two men seen trying to plant a bomb in Basir.
Ten Karbala attacks suspects were arrested
A leading member of the Islamic State in Iraq was captured near Ramadi in Tameem.
In Basra, 16 suspects were arrested with guns and cars in their possession.
A member of the 1920 Brigades was capturedin Kirkuk.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Kurdish Vote Celebration Turns Deadly; 16 Killed in Iraq – September 18th, 2017
- ISIS Families Relocated Without Warning; 387 Killed in Iraq – September 17th, 2017
- Anbar Operations Begin; 38 Killed in Iraq – September 16th, 2017
- Anbar Operation Could Start Saturday; 129 Killed in Iraq – September 15th, 2017
- Bombers Strike in Shi’ite South; 111 Killed in Iraq – September 14th, 2017