Leaflets were dropped over Hawija and Shirqat advising Islamic State militants to surrender.
Over 2,100 bodies have been recovered, so far, in Mosul.
At least 85 people were killed and nine more were wounded in recent violence:
A mass grave containing 50 bodies was found in Ayadiya. The victims were shot in the head. Some bodies were mutilated or showed other signs of torture.
Airstrikes in the Hamrin Lake area left 15 militants dead.
Peshmerga forces killed six militants near Tal Afar.
In Ayadiya, five militants were killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- U.S. Soldier Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 20th, 2018
- ISIS Ambushes Shi’ite Militiamen near Kirkuk; 31 Killed in Iraq – February 19th, 2018
- ISIS Widows Sentenced to Death, Prison; Eight Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2018
- Another Mass Grave Found South of Mosul; 116 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2018
- Security Forces Battle ISIS near Mosul; 23 Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2018