Leaflets were dropped over Hawija and Shirqat advising Islamic State militants to surrender.
Over 2,100 bodies have been recovered, so far, in Mosul.
At least 85 people were killed and nine more were wounded in recent violence:
A mass grave containing 50 bodies was found in Ayadiya. The victims were shot in the head. Some bodies were mutilated or showed other signs of torture.
Airstrikes in the Hamrin Lake area left 15 militants dead.
Peshmerga forces killed six militants near Tal Afar.
In Ayadiya, five militants were killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Shirqat Nearly Liberated; 297 Killed in Iraq – September 23rd, 2017
- Turkey Desperate to Stop Kurdish Vote; 41 Killed in Iraq – September 22nd, 2017
- Operations Launched in Hawija and Shirqat; 70 Killed in Iraq – September 21st, 2017
- Dozens of Bodies Found in Mass Graves; 121 Killed in Iraq – September 20th, 2017
- Suicide Bombers Attack Restaurant; 64 Killed in Iraq – September 19th, 2017