Human Rights Watch is calling on the United States to suspend its support of the Iraqi Army’s 16th Division, which is being accused of extrajudicial executions in Mosul. Two international observers witnessed the alleged war crimes during the last days of the fight for Old City.
At least 41 were killed and 37 were wounded:
Militants killed 11 civilians in Tal al-Dhahab.
Four civilians were killed and five were kidnapped by militants in Daquq. All were from the same family. The family belongs to the Kakai minority. The militants were wearing Peshmerga military garb.
A pair of suicide bombers killed a policeman and wounded the station police chief in Amiriyat al-Falluja.
Two security personnel were wounded in a blast in Jurf al-Sakhar.
A car bomb wounded four in Tuz Khormato.
An airstrike on Aakoula village killed five militants.
Security forces killed two militants in Baiji.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkey Desperate to Stop Kurdish Vote; 41 Killed in Iraq – September 22nd, 2017
- Operations Launched in Hawija and Shirqat; 70 Killed in Iraq – September 21st, 2017
- Dozens of Bodies Found in Mass Graves; 121 Killed in Iraq – September 20th, 2017
- Suicide Bombers Attack Restaurant; 64 Killed in Iraq – September 19th, 2017
- Kurdish Vote Celebration Turns Deadly; 16 Killed in Iraq – September 18th, 2017