Human Rights Watch is calling on the United States to suspend its support of the Iraqi Army’s 16th Division, which is being accused of extrajudicial executions in Mosul. Two international observers witnessed the alleged war crimes during the last days of the fight for Old City.
At least 41 were killed and 37 were wounded:
Militants killed 11 civilians in Tal al-Dhahab.
Four civilians were killed and five were kidnapped by militants in Daquq. All were from the same family. The family belongs to the Kakai minority. The militants were wearing Peshmerga military garb.
A pair of suicide bombers killed a policeman and wounded the station police chief in Amiriyat al-Falluja.
Two security personnel were wounded in a blast in Jurf al-Sakhar.
A car bomb wounded four in Tuz Khormato.
An airstrike on Aakoula village killed five militants.
Security forces killed two militants in Baiji.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Last Remaining ISIS Town in Iraq Captured; 17 Killed in Iraq – November 17th, 2017
- Journalist, Turkish Soldiers Among 34 Killed in Iraq – November 16th, 2017
- ISIS Operations Ramp up in Anbar; 48 Killed in Iraq – November 15th, 2017
- ISIS Battles Near Kirkuk; 33 Killed in Iraq – November 14th, 2017
- Militias Destroy Kurd Homes; 12 Killed in Iraq – November 13th, 2017