Human Rights Watch is calling on the United States to suspend its support of the Iraqi Army’s 16th Division, which is being accused of extrajudicial executions in Mosul. Two international observers witnessed the alleged war crimes during the last days of the fight for Old City.
At least 41 were killed and 37 were wounded:
Militants killed 11 civilians in Tal al-Dhahab.
Four civilians were killed and five were kidnapped by militants in Daquq. All were from the same family. The family belongs to the Kakai minority. The militants were wearing Peshmerga military garb.
A pair of suicide bombers killed a policeman and wounded the station police chief in Amiriyat al-Falluja.
Two security personnel were wounded in a blast in Jurf al-Sakhar.
A car bomb wounded four in Tuz Khormato.
An airstrike on Aakoula village killed five militants.
Security forces killed two militants in Baiji.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Old ISIS Explosives Wound Children; 17 Killed in Iraq – January 19th, 2018
- Mass Grave Filled with Policemen; 30 Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2018
- Attacks Shift to Diyala Province; 11 Killed in Iraq – January 17th, 2018
- Mass Grave at Badush Prison; 66 Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2018
- Bloody Day in Baghdad; 53 Killed in Iraq – January 15th, 2018