At least 217 were killed and 18 were wounded in recent violence:
In Mosul, at least 10 civilians were killed in air or artillery strikes that struck the 17 Tammuz district. Militants killed a civilian and wounded three more as they tried to escape Daesh territory. Clashes left a policeman dead and four wounded; eight militants were also killed. Militants killed three militiamen and wounded six more. Twenty militants were killed in the Industrial Area.
A landmine killed two people and wounded two more near Ramadi.
In Baghdad, a bomb at a Suwaib killed one person and wounded three more.
Air strikes on Qaim killed 53 militants.
In Anah, 47 militants were killed in strikes.
Twenty militants were killed in strikes on Haditha.
Peshmerga forces killed two militants in Qaraj.
An I.E.D. explosion at a home in Daquq killed a militant commander and wounded his deputy.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Female Turkmen Politician Killed; 143 Killed in Iraq – May 29th, 2017
- Hostages Executed at Mosul Hospital; 176 Killed in Iraq – May 28th, 2017
- Iraq Repatriates 1980s War Dead to Iran; 58 Killed in Iraq – May 27th, 2017
- Witnesses Dispute Airstrike Report; 89 Killed in Iraq – May 26th, 2017
- Thousands Kidnapped for Use as Human Shields; 83 Killed in Iraq – May 25th, 2017