At least 217 were killed and 18 were wounded in recent violence:
In Mosul, at least 10 civilians were killed in air or artillery strikes that struck the 17 Tammuz district. Militants killed a civilian and wounded three more as they tried to escape Daesh territory. Clashes left a policeman dead and four wounded; eight militants were also killed. Militants killed three militiamen and wounded six more. Twenty militants were killed in the Industrial Area.
A landmine killed two people and wounded two more near Ramadi.
In Baghdad, a bomb at a Suwaib killed one person and wounded three more.
Air strikes on Qaim killed 53 militants.
In Anah, 47 militants were killed in strikes.
Twenty militants were killed in strikes on Haditha.
Peshmerga forces killed two militants in Qaraj.
An I.E.D. explosion at a home in Daquq killed a militant commander and wounded his deputy.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkey Desperate to Stop Kurdish Vote; 41 Killed in Iraq – September 22nd, 2017
- Operations Launched in Hawija and Shirqat; 70 Killed in Iraq – September 21st, 2017
- Dozens of Bodies Found in Mass Graves; 121 Killed in Iraq – September 20th, 2017
- Suicide Bombers Attack Restaurant; 64 Killed in Iraq – September 19th, 2017
- Kurdish Vote Celebration Turns Deadly; 16 Killed in Iraq – September 18th, 2017