At least 217 were killed and 18 were wounded in recent violence:
In Mosul, at least 10 civilians were killed in air or artillery strikes that struck the 17 Tammuz district. Militants killed a civilian and wounded three more as they tried to escape Daesh territory. Clashes left a policeman dead and four wounded; eight militants were also killed. Militants killed three militiamen and wounded six more. Twenty militants were killed in the Industrial Area.
A landmine killed two people and wounded two more near Ramadi.
In Baghdad, a bomb at a Suwaib killed one person and wounded three more.
Air strikes on Qaim killed 53 militants.
In Anah, 47 militants were killed in strikes.
Twenty militants were killed in strikes on Haditha.
Peshmerga forces killed two militants in Qaraj.
An I.E.D. explosion at a home in Daquq killed a militant commander and wounded his deputy.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Old ISIS Explosives Wound Children; 17 Killed in Iraq – January 19th, 2018
- Mass Grave Filled with Policemen; 30 Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2018
- Attacks Shift to Diyala Province; 11 Killed in Iraq – January 17th, 2018
- Mass Grave at Badush Prison; 66 Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2018
- Bloody Day in Baghdad; 53 Killed in Iraq – January 15th, 2018