At least 88 were killed and 25 were wounded in recent violence:
In Mosul, nine policemen were killed and three were wounded in a quadruple suicide attack. A missile attack killed four people and wounded nine more. An airstrike killed one person and wounded three more. Security forces killed 46 militants, including a commander. Fourteen more militants were killed.
Two Peshmerga members were killed and six were wounded in an attack on the K-1 base in Kirkuk province. Two suicide bombers were killed in the first stage of the attack; three more were killed in subsequent fighting. The militants were wearing Peshmerga uniforms. U.S. advisers are stationed at the base.
Three militants were killed in Hammam al-Alil.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018