At least 88 were killed and 25 were wounded in recent violence:
In Mosul, nine policemen were killed and three were wounded in a quadruple suicide attack. A missile attack killed four people and wounded nine more. An airstrike killed one person and wounded three more. Security forces killed 46 militants, including a commander. Fourteen more militants were killed.
Two Peshmerga members were killed and six were wounded in an attack on the K-1 base in Kirkuk province. Two suicide bombers were killed in the first stage of the attack; three more were killed in subsequent fighting. The militants were wearing Peshmerga uniforms. U.S. advisers are stationed at the base.
Three militants were killed in Hammam al-Alil.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mosul Courts Sentence Hundreds of Militants to Death; 13 Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2018
- Four ISIS Women Sentenced to Death; 10 Killed in Iraq – April 17th, 2018
- Iraqi Government Executes Terror Convicts; 52 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2018
- Bomb Targets Election Candidate; Two Killed in Iraq – April 15th, 2018
- Kurdish Brothers Killed in Turkish Airstrike Among Four Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2018