The Iraqi military received two Czech-made L-159 fighter jets, bringing the number of these Czech planes to eight total.
At least 13 were killed and 11 were wounded:
In Taji, one person was killed and three more were wounded in a blast.
A teacher was shot dead on a highway between Baquba and Khalis.
In Abu Ghraib, a roadside bomb wounded two soldiers.
A bomb in Hit wounded three civilians.
In Mosul, a missile strike killed four militants.
Five militants were killed in an airstrike in Metabijh.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018
- Oil Field Protests Escalate; 13 Killed in Iraq – July 12th, 2018
- Large ISIS Convoy Crosses over from Syria; 27 Killed in Iraq – July 11th, 2018