The Iraqi government announced a deal that could mean the withdrawal of unauthorized Turkish troops from a base in Bashiqa. Though, Ankara’s response to reporters was a bit more guarded than Baghdad’s.
At least 288 were killed and 27 more wounded:
In Baghdad, a bomb killed three people and wounded four more.
Nineteen civilians were wounded by an I.E.D. as they were fleeing Hawija.
A bomb killed one person and wounded four more in Yusufiya.
An operation that liberated parts of Saqra and Zuwiya also left 153 militants dead.
In Mosul, at least 131 militants were killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mosul Courts Sentence Hundreds of Militants to Death; 13 Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2018
- Four ISIS Women Sentenced to Death; 10 Killed in Iraq – April 17th, 2018
- Iraqi Government Executes Terror Convicts; 52 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2018
- Bomb Targets Election Candidate; Two Killed in Iraq – April 15th, 2018
- Kurdish Brothers Killed in Turkish Airstrike Among Four Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2018