The Iraqi government announced a deal that could mean the withdrawal of unauthorized Turkish troops from a base in Bashiqa. Though, Ankara’s response to reporters was a bit more guarded than Baghdad’s.
At least 288 were killed and 27 more wounded:
In Baghdad, a bomb killed three people and wounded four more.
Nineteen civilians were wounded by an I.E.D. as they were fleeing Hawija.
A bomb killed one person and wounded four more in Yusufiya.
An operation that liberated parts of Saqra and Zuwiya also left 153 militants dead.
In Mosul, at least 131 militants were killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018