The Iraqi government announced a deal that could mean the withdrawal of unauthorized Turkish troops from a base in Bashiqa. Though, Ankara’s response to reporters was a bit more guarded than Baghdad’s.
At least 288 were killed and 27 more wounded:
In Baghdad, a bomb killed three people and wounded four more.
Nineteen civilians were wounded by an I.E.D. as they were fleeing Hawija.
A bomb killed one person and wounded four more in Yusufiya.
An operation that liberated parts of Saqra and Zuwiya also left 153 militants dead.
In Mosul, at least 131 militants were killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Attacks Shift to Diyala Province; 11 Killed in Iraq – January 17th, 2018
- Mass Grave at Badush Prison; 66 Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2018
- Bloody Day in Baghdad; 53 Killed in Iraq – January 15th, 2018
- PKK Launch Rocket at Turkey; Six Killed in Iraq – January 14th, 2018
- Bombers Return to Baghdad; 19 Killed in Iraq – January 13th, 2018