The Iraqi government announced a deal that could mean the withdrawal of unauthorized Turkish troops from a base in Bashiqa. Though, Ankara’s response to reporters was a bit more guarded than Baghdad’s.
At least 288 were killed and 27 more wounded:
In Baghdad, a bomb killed three people and wounded four more.
Nineteen civilians were wounded by an I.E.D. as they were fleeing Hawija.
A bomb killed one person and wounded four more in Yusufiya.
An operation that liberated parts of Saqra and Zuwiya also left 153 militants dead.
In Mosul, at least 131 militants were killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Multiple Mass Graves Found; 151 Killed in Iraq – July 24th, 2017
- Bombers Turn Attention to Baquba; 18 Killed in Iraq – July 23rd, 2017
- Body Dumping Continues in Baghdad; 34 Killed in Iraq – July 22nd, 2017
- Sunni and Shi’ite Forces Quarrel in Mosul; 13 Killed in Iraq – July 21st, 2017
- Civilians Still Trapped by Mosul Fighting; 56 Killed in Iraq – July 20th, 2017