Following military setbacks in Mosul this week, Interior Ministry and federal police personnel were redeployed to Qaraqosh as support for the Counter-Terrorism Service. Security forces reported capturing four more Mosul neighborhoods: Mishraq, Murour Qadisiya al-Oula and Shekhakyah.
The director of Sunni Endowment Department of Nineveh province, Abubakr Kana’an, announced that over 100 mosques, some of historic significance, were destroyed during the Islamic State occupation of Mosul these last two years.
At least 45 were killed and two were wounded:
One person was killed and two were wounded in a blast at a fish market in Madaen.
Turkey announced that airstrikes against Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) targets in Gara, Iraq left 19 guerrillas dead.
An airstrike left 25 militants dead near Qaim.
In Mosul, security forces killed seven militants.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018