Following military setbacks in Mosul this week, Interior Ministry and federal police personnel were redeployed to Qaraqosh as support for the Counter-Terrorism Service. Security forces reported capturing four more Mosul neighborhoods: Mishraq, Murour Qadisiya al-Oula and Shekhakyah.
The director of Sunni Endowment Department of Nineveh province, Abubakr Kana’an, announced that over 100 mosques, some of historic significance, were destroyed during the Islamic State occupation of Mosul these last two years.
At least 45 were killed and two were wounded:
One person was killed and two were wounded in a blast at a fish market in Madaen.
Turkey announced that airstrikes against Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) targets in Gara, Iraq left 19 guerrillas dead.
An airstrike left 25 militants dead near Qaim.
In Mosul, security forces killed seven militants.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- India Abductees Found Dead Near Mosul; 72 Killed in Iraq – March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018