Following military setbacks in Mosul this week, Interior Ministry and federal police personnel were redeployed to Qaraqosh as support for the Counter-Terrorism Service. Security forces reported capturing four more Mosul neighborhoods: Mishraq, Murour Qadisiya al-Oula and Shekhakyah.
The director of Sunni Endowment Department of Nineveh province, Abubakr Kana’an, announced that over 100 mosques, some of historic significance, were destroyed during the Islamic State occupation of Mosul these last two years.
At least 45 were killed and two were wounded:
One person was killed and two were wounded in a blast at a fish market in Madaen.
Turkey announced that airstrikes against Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) targets in Gara, Iraq left 19 guerrillas dead.
An airstrike left 25 militants dead near Qaim.
In Mosul, security forces killed seven militants.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraqi Troops Still Chasing ISIS; 39 Killed in Iraq – December 17th, 2017
- More Yazidi Victims Found in Mass Graves; 97 Killed in Iraq – December 16th, 2017
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017