The United Nations delivered aid to 42,000 residents of newly liberated areas of Mosul.
At least 41 were killed and 22 were wounded:
In Baghdad, 10 people were killed and 22 were wounded in two bombings.
In Mosul, security forces killed a suicide bomber.
At least 30 militants were killed in an airstrike.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Fears for Civilians as Tal Afar Operation Moves Forward; 12 Killed in Iraq – August 20th, 2017
- Tal Afar Operation Starts; 91 Killed in Iraq – August 19th, 2017
- 45 Killed in Iraq as Troops Gather Around Tal Afar – August 18th, 2017
- Donkey Bomb Kills Militants; 50 Killed in Iraq – August 17th, 2017
- Several ISIS Attacks Against Security Personnel; 66 Killed in Iraq – August 16th, 2017