Bombers Successful in Mosul, Baghdad; 129 Killed in Iraq
In Mosul, Iraqi forces are making gains in the eastern districts. However, troops to the south and north have come to a halt, while the Shi’ite militias continue to advance in the west. The United Nations is currently looking for more property to build temporary camps for displaced residents.
At least 129 were killed and 83 were wounded:
An Iraqi airstrike on a market in Qaim killed up to 60 civilians and only eight militants. Dozens more civilians were wounded. Children and women were among the victims, as were elderly who were there to collect their pensions. At least four more militants were killed and five were wounded.
In Baghdad, sticky bombs killed two people and wounded four more by the Army Canal. Four people were wounded by a bomb in Kasra. A bomb in Hayy Ur wounded three people. Two people were wounded by a blast in Qahira. A bomb in New Baghdad wounded two people. A sixth bomb exploded in Sabaa Qosour.
Fifteen militants were killed in an airstrike in the Shirqat region.
Security forces killed eight militants in the Makhoul Mountains.
In Sinjar, security forces killed seven militants.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Bus Bomb Explodes at Mosul Market; 35 Killed in Iraq – December 6th, 2016
- Displaced Executed near Kirkuk; 110 Killed in Iraq – December 5th, 2016
- Attacks on Mosul Civilians Continue; 115 Killed in Iraq – December 4th, 2016
- Suicide Bomber Targets Mosul Civilians; 91 Killed Across Iraq – December 3rd, 2016
- 192 Killed in Iraq; Explosion at ISIS Storage Facility Kills Dozens – December 1st, 2016